Am I Going To Have A Problem?

Decorating By CakesbyBecca Updated 25 Jul 2008 , 7:41pm by costumeczar

CakesbyBecca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyBecca Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 3:35am
post #1 of 7

I just finished making 60 simple flowers out of fondant, then got to thinking icon_surprised.gif What if this isn't going to work? I used Michelle Foster's fondant and didn't mix anything else in (no gum paste or anything like that). I have a week for them to dry. Am I going to have any problems with them?

Becca

6 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 3:41am
post #2 of 7

I use marshmallow fondant and it will dry within a day or two. I've used another homemade fondant recipe before and it dried that quickly too. Your flowers should dry just fine.

CakesbyBecca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyBecca Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:40am
post #3 of 7

Ok. Thanks. And they won't be prone to cracking or anything? I'm still really new to all this.

Becca

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 7:52am
post #4 of 7

Just don't move them until they're dry, and they'll be fine. Depending on how thin they are, they may be a little delicate even when they're dry. It's usually a good idea to make a few more than you really need, just in case icon_biggrin.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 8:49am
post #5 of 7

sorry to hijack your thread but i was wondering, after it dires, will it ever get "sticky or wet" again? i'm asking cause our weather here is quite temperamental like right now it's sunny and later in the day it will rain like cats and dogs.

and where would you store the dried flowers?

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 6:50pm
post #6 of 7

Humidity will definately affect them. They need to be kept in a cool, dry place but NOT in an airtight cotainer.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 7:41pm
post #7 of 7

Yeah, defintiely not in an airtight container! I put some fondant or gumpaste flowers (I can't remember) in an airtight container and the moisture must have built up in there and turned them into mush.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%