How To Flavor Wasc? Help....

Baking By miny Updated 30 Jul 2008 , 5:50am by miny

miny Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 1:33am
post #1 of 7

Hi there!
I'm making WASC and I'm going to use pineapple filling, my question is how can I flavor WASC pineapple? I have LorAnn flavoring but I have not idea how much to put in it icon_confused.gif (if I'm able to use it) and I also got some canned crushed pineapple in case I can't use the LorAnn but I also don't know how much and how to use it icon_redface.gif . My second question is if I'm making my WASC pineapple do I still put the vanilla as called in the recipe or just what I use to flavor it? TIA for all your help!

6 replies
miny Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 1:57am
post #2 of 7

Anyone????, I really need help with this! icon_sad.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:11am
post #3 of 7

I would substitute the crushed pineapple with juice for the amount of water in the recipe. For example, if there is 1/2 Cup water, use 1/2 Cup crushed pineapple with juice.

If you're using Lorann oils, start at 3-5 drops and taste the batter. Remember the flavor will diminish some during cooking. And take notes -- that's the best way to remember these experiements. Good luck and let us know how it turns out! icon_smile.gif

mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:14am
post #4 of 7

Lorainne oils are pretty concentrated... so I would use 2 tsp of the lorainne oil and then 2 tsp of vanilla or almond (personaly I would use vanilla) and that should give you pretty good flavor... if you want over the top pineapple... use all 4 tsp of the lorainne oil and omit the other flavors...

Good Luck!

CherryLane Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:16am
post #5 of 7

I have figured out that one small bottle of Lorann oil equals one teaspoon of regular flavoring.

If your going to add pineapple filling, than I think one small bottle of pineapple Lorann oil will do.

Hope that helps.

Cindy

miny Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:31am
post #6 of 7

Thank you so much guys, it's my first time making WASC, everyone raves about it and how easily you can make it any flavor so, I decided to give it a try. I will let you all know how it comes out, once again thank you!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

miny Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 5:50am
post #7 of 7

So, I made it with LorAnn flavoring and for a full recipe of WASC I used 10 drops plus the vanilla on the recipe, it got a light pineapple taste and complimented the filling really well, icon_smile.gif my cake was very firm and great to frost and fill but when I decided to cut it I felt it very crumbly, is yours like that always? or did I do something wrong?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%