Anyone Have A Sam's Club Membership (For Your Business)?

Business By mom2spunkynbug Updated 26 Jul 2008 , 5:01pm by littlecake

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 8:07pm
post #1 of 20

I'm thinking it would be beneficial to get a Sam's Club membership for my (licensed home) cake decorating business.

Does anyone have this - does it save you a lot of money?

19 replies
ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 8:36pm
post #2 of 20

I have a personal one and yeah, eggs are a much better buy. It's the only place I get my frosting and the HWC is at least $1 cheap - and that SO adds up.

I couldn't live w/o my membership.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 8:47pm
post #3 of 20

i got one...i buy lotsa stuff from sams...plus the tax exemption is nice...and they let you in before the public

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 8:53pm
post #4 of 20

Yes, definitely worth it.

The 6 lb can of crisco at walmart is close to $9 .... it's about $2 cheaper at Sam's. P.sugar at walmart is about 20% more expensive than at Sam's. Strawberries are ALWAYS better quality at Sam's than at Walmart.

But the absolute, hands-down best benefit of having a business membership is being able to shop 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 am. ..... when they open the store to business people ONLY!!! No trying to get down the aisle past all the old people who just stand there ... no standing in line behind the mom with 7 kids who all want just one more thing (done this one WAY too often! I think all the daycare providers take their kids to Sam's as a field trip!). You're in there with other business people who have a business to run adn they want to get in and get out.

THAT alone is worth the membership!!!

You can also order on-line and they will pick-n-pull your order for you. I've only done this a couple of times for some special order items, and when I get there, it's already in a cart ... I just take my filled cart and push it to the check out, pay and walk out.

littlecake Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 9:46pm
post #5 of 20

don't ya just love being under the gun...in a huge time crunch....and you get behind a sweet ole lady who takes 10 minutes digging thru her purse to get the exact change????LOL

indydebi Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 9:56pm
post #6 of 20

My favorite is the person who bought one thing of a "Two for $xx.xx" sale. So we ALLLLLLLLL have to stand there while they go ALLLLLLLL the way back to the opposite end of the store to get the 79 cent item.
icon_mad.gif

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 10:24pm
post #7 of 20

Yup got one earlier this year and it's been worth it

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 10:49pm
post #8 of 20

What Indy said times TEN. I'm headed to Sam's right now to get some cream cheese, and other supplies. I have to say "other" Cause Barb was standing right there "OUCH" she didn't like "other" Grrrr Now I have to tell her what I THOUGHT I was planning on buying. icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 11:01pm
post #9 of 20

I have sams and costco. I go on Mondays and buy my 50# of powder sugar. plus crisco is cheaper, milk is cheaper,
well worth the membership price...plus I buy in bulk, because I HATE to run out of stuff in the middle of a project.

melody

sams membership is cheaper than costco btw

littlecake Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 11:27pm
post #10 of 20

in fact, all the stuff that i used to buy from dawn foods...that was also at sam's...was 30% cheaper at sams.

WE LOVE SAM

Cakenicing4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenicing4u Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 12:01am
post #11 of 20

Good to know... and check out saran wrap too... usually big big rolls and a good buy

indydebi Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 12:14am
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakenicing4u

Good to know... and check out saran wrap too... usually big big rolls and a good buy

Absolutely! This stuff actually WORKS!! Not like that crap they stick housewives with at the grocery store!

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 1:07am
post #13 of 20

I buy my crisco at Dawns and get it in a 50# box...that way I don't have to run out.
I also buy my egg whites at Dawns.
everything else I get at Costco and Sams.
Costco is closer so I usually go there.
powder sugar is cheaper at Costco,
veg. oil 35# is cheaper at Sams

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 1:23am
post #14 of 20

Well I do not have a membership yet but I just got hired as a cake decorator for them and plan to shop from there any way before I got hired. I'm in the process of setting up by biz at home. I love the place icon_biggrin.gif

kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 6:38am
post #15 of 20

I love Sams and Costco....I just like to buy all that cool stuff in bulk whether I need it or not!

smab109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smab109 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 3:43pm
post #16 of 20

Definately definately get a membership! Eggs, Crisco, Flour, Sugar...cheaper when buying bulk. And especially the powdered sugar! Instead of $2 for 2lbs at the grocery store, spend $4 and get 7lbs!

I dont like how they only sell unsalted butter in blocks though.... BJ's sells them in the typical 1/2 C sticks. So I have a membership to both. (plus BJ's sells mini marshmallows in bulk for those who make MMF)

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 6:06pm
post #17 of 20

I have Sam's and Costco, and, like everybody said, they are really worth it!! And the neat thing is I can use them both in El Paso Tx and here in Juarez, Mex, and I buy different things in each store so I end up saving a lot...

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 3:26pm
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

My favorite is the person who bought one thing of a "Two for $xx.xx" sale. So we ALLLLLLLLL have to stand there while they go ALLLLLLLL the way back to the opposite end of the store to get the 79 cent item.
icon_mad.gif

OMG I would have HANDED her the da*n 79 cents!!! (In fact, Debi, I'm surprised YOU *didn't*...heeheehee... icon_biggrin.gif )

indydebi Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 4:13pm
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Gifts4Lisa

Quote:

icon_mad.gif

OMG I would have HANDED her the da*n 79 cents!!! (In fact, Debi, I'm surprised YOU *didn't*...heeheehee... icon_biggrin.gif )

You know ... one time I was SO ready to make that offer! The lady had picked up two bottles of Comet sink cleanser. THe cashier decided to inform her that they were THREE for a dollar. I swear, I reached into my purse to get a dollar .... if she was going to go back and get that third Comet I was ready to hand over the dollar! Fortunately (for her!) she deciced to forget it and just get the two.

littlecake Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 5:01pm
post #20 of 20
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Gifts4Lisa

Quote:

icon_mad.gif

You know ... one time I was SO ready to make that offer! The lady had picked up two bottles of Comet sink cleanser. THe cashier decided to inform her that they were THREE for a dollar. I swear, I reached into my purse to get a dollar .... if she was going to go back and get that third Comet I was ready to hand over the dollar! Fortunately (for her!) she deciced to forget it and just get the two.

i've started to do this a time or 2 before...i always figured they'd be insulted.

it seems to me that most people are just killin time...i'm always in a hurry, i take on way too much.....most people prolly don't know what it feels like to be running out of time.

i feel like i'm going at a different speed than the rest of the world....sometimes it might be nice to slow down like them....but then i'd be bored...oh well icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%