Idea For Bounce House Party

Decorating By scrump Updated 24 Jul 2008 , 6:48pm by aandsmommy

scrump Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrump Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 5:59pm
post #1 of 7

I did a search in the gallery and didn't really find anything I'd like to use... does anyone have an idea for a cake for a bounce house party? It is for a 4 yr old boy. TIA!!!!

6 replies
SUELA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUELA Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 6:07pm
post #2 of 7

Can you elaborate what a bounce house party is? Are you referring to the inflatable structures that kids bounce around in?

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 6:10pm
post #3 of 7

What about making a bounce house out of cake??? http://www.partypronto.com/images/bounce_house.jpg
Good luck!

aandsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aandsmommy Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 6:25pm
post #4 of 7

I did one for my DD's past bday. It wasn't my best work as I had two other cakes that weekend, but the kids loved it.

The pics is too big to attach...any ideas on minimizing it?

ahmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ahmommy Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 6:27pm
post #5 of 7

I think that you should definitely bake a bounce house out of the cake. You can use a 2 layer sheet cake for the bottom and make the "poles" and sides out of gumpaste or fondant. I have wanted to make a cake like that for a while now, but have had no reason. GOOD LUCK and post a pic when you do it.

OCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OCakes Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 6:32pm
post #6 of 7

Yes, I agree with making the 3D bounce house. I was asked to draw a bounce house & a kid jumping out of it, on sheet cake, and I didn't like how it turned-out. Do they have a bounce-house theme? (some of them are clowns, or trains, etc...), maybe that can help you with alternate ideas...

Reducing pictures (aandsmommy): I open my pic in Microsoft Photo Editor & in the "Image" drop-down menu there is a "resize" option. Hopefully you have that or a similar program? Otherwise I am clueless!

aandsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aandsmommy Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 6:48pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks for the tip...let's see if this works. Ok, they looks a little stretched out, but you get the idea. I used my edible image printer to do the kids jumping on the sides.
LL
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%