2 Bridal Showers Combined For Work - Need Help

Decorating By angelcakes5 Updated 25 Jul 2008 , 1:27pm by sharon57

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 3:18pm
post #1 of 5

We are having a potluck lunch bridal shower for 2 girls who are getting married. One in August and one is September. August wedding is coral and September wedding is navy blue. I am making the cake but havent decided if I should do 2 seperate or one together. If I do one together I will probably do no color, maybe white with a green leaf if I did flowers. Anyone have any ideas for me? I want to make the cake special. Size doesnt matter. We have 25 woman in the office who are coming to the shower. And the rest can be eaten by the guys in the office/plant. Please help!!

4 replies
msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:31am
post #2 of 5

I recently did a cake for two sisters who had a combined party for their impending nuptuals. One had yellow and the other had coral. Not sure if this is something you're interested in, but maybe it is someplace to start. Good luck with the cake! (Oh and by the way...interesting factoid....sister #2 who had her date set for over a year decided Friday night she wasn't going through with it!)

-Michelle
LL

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 12:15pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks msauer. Yikes about sister #2. How far away is the wedding? I couldn't imagine doing that with all the plans and money set!

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 12:29pm
post #4 of 5

The wedding was supposed to be two weekends ago. She decided the night before- just as everyone was starting to show up for rehearsal! I say good for her for not going through with it since she wasn't sure. I guess since her sister got married (only 4 weeks prior) she'd been doing some real "soul searching" about this guy and decided that a good job, good looking and very successful weren't gonna be enough to compensate for the self centered-ness, control issues and spoiled brat issues that came in the package! Smart girl.

Both families are pretty well off, so eventhough there was a ton of money spent, they can recover somewhat unscathed...from my understanding.

The bride said "if" she ever does get married, the next time she'll invite 10 people instead of 250! Can't say I blame her there!

Good luck with your cake (s)! I know it'll turn out beautifully!

-Michelle

sharon57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharon57 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 1:27pm
post #5 of 5

How about the entwined hearts cake? you could do one heart for each couple.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%