while I was playing on CC called the emergency vet, induced vomiting and will take her to vet first thing in the morning.
very scary. silly dog. I'm a bit shaken up.
she ate the whole bag too. I saw her have her head inside a little bag, thought it was something the kids left of the floor and she was playing with.
not sure where the heck the mouse poison came from, DH was digging in a closet that we never use.
she sleeps with me every night, but because of the induced vomitting, she'll sleep on the back porch. poor baby.
I'll keep you posted.
I have a consultation with a bride in the morning, will cancel.
Oh my!! Hope she is feeling ok!! That would be so scary!!!
I hope he feels better! Best wishes with everything... I know how worrying it is when something happens to a furbaby!
How's she doing this morning? I hope she's feeling better!
I hope she's ok! I love our Weiner, Frida. They are so snoopy and miscievous aren't they? Please let us know how she's doing.
Hope she is doing okay, thoughts and prayers to you and her!
omg! went to the vet today, brought the poison package with us, vet said that this is the poison where there is no aniodote! we are keeping her at the vet during the day and bringing her home at night for three days. they are giving her charcoal to asborb the poison. if that doesn't work, the poison will make her brain enlarge and it gets really bad, a horrible death. we would probably put her down to avoid that.
anyway, we'll pick her up tonight and hoping all is going well.
yep, those wieners are very mischievous! she's kinda a naughty dog, eats the kids toys, refuses to potty train....
but she's also a sweetie pie and love me, loves to snuggle with me, and loves to sleep under the blankets in/on/between my legs.
thank you all for your concern!
I'll keep you posted.
Oh my gosh!! That is so scary!! Let us know how she is.
wow. poor thing. my prayers are with you guys.
she had to stay over night at the vet last night, but came home today and is back into everything....eating toys, digging in trash, hiding the food she stole out of the trash.....I think she's going to be all right!!!!
thanks guys for your concern!
I'm so thrilled to hear she's ok!!! I've been wondering, hoping for the best and anxiously waiting for you to post how she is! I'm so happy to hear the great news!
Oh, thank goodness! I thought of you guys today when I was snuggling w/ my Frida. So glad to hear she's doing ok
Oh wow, i'm glad he's ok so far! How scary!!!
had a dog lick ant poison, he started frothing at the mouth and it was scary. called the vet and the techs told me to get him to drink hydrogiene proxide to induce vomiting, but i couldn't so they were so great adn even though the doc wasn't there (they were just there feeding the borders) they had me rush him in and they got him to drink and told me what to do.... it's so scary when our animals do silly things like this. Will keep your fur baby in my thoughts!!!
Thank goodness she's OK!!
I'm so thankful your dog will be alright. What a horrible thing to happen.
I had to put my cat down a few weeks ago from cancer. It was the worse.
I'm glad you didn't have to do that.
My son's pug ate a piece of rat poison from a rat cake. We used hydrogen proxide to induce vomiting and had to give him liquid charcoal and then vitamin K for a week. He came out okay, but we still don't know who threw three rat cakes in their fenced backyard. Good luck with your dog.