Need Some New Ideas

Lounge By Katie-Bug Updated 25 Jul 2008 , 3:06am by maryak

Katie-Bug Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 2:44am
post #1 of 5

Hi all!! I have been going through all these books looking for new ideas on appetizers to offer...I really haven't found anything.

Do any of you have any ideas of foods or flavors you would like a cater to offer. I have basics and some slightly "different" things, but I like to always be adding more.

Any suggestions? Thanks!!

4 replies
mkolmar Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 3:46am
post #2 of 5

Alright culinarycreations, come back to the what's for supper thread and we'll take care of you icon_wink.gif
Are you looking for upscale or more of a simple appetizer? sit down or buffet style?

(it's late and my spelling is going to be horrid right now--sorry in advance)

Brushetta, stuffed mushroom caps, smoked salmon in a phillo crust with a lemon-basil sauce (or any pared well sauce) crab cakes, those little pumpernickle and rye breads sliced and then the crust cut off with a square cutter--make a herb cream cheese and spread on them-top one with caviar and top another with smoked salmon--alternate on a plate to form a checkerboard pattern (made these for graduation from school), asian bbq pot stickers, baked brie with toasted walnut phillo cups, gourmet pizza, crab ragoon, coconut crusted lobster tail or shrimp, eggplant fritters/ southern style fritters, beef/chicken satays, risotto cakes, lamb skewers, breaded and fried ravioli, spring rolls, fried mac and cheese bites

maryak Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 1:08am
post #3 of 5

Hi culinarycreations, I make three tier mushroom sandwiches as appetizers and they are so cheap and easy to make but you will never have any left overs after 10 minutes of putting them on the table!!

Also you can check recipe zaar, they have a huge amount of appetizers and finger food recipes you can look through.

Katie-Bug Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 1:53am
post #4 of 5

Simple appetizers to most, but upscale for my area. I am in a rural area, about an hour- hour fifteen minutes from an interstate. icon_cry.gif

I keep meaning to stop back in the table thread, but hated to since I had been gone so long. icon_redface.gif

I would love a good crab cake recipe, I have tried numerous and can't find the one! Caviar an smoked salmon, I don't even know where I could begin to find that around this area. The gourmet pizza, eggplant fritters, an fried mac an cheese sound like they would go over well.

Three tier mushroom sandwiches sound interesting, mind sharing? icon_razz.gif

Some things I have in mind to try this week are Bacon Roll-ups, Bacon Tomato Rounds, Ham an Cheese Tarts, an Chicken Bites with Mango Salsa. I do BL-Tomatoes but those are kinda a pain if I have to do too many, so I thought if the rounds are similar I will be switching to those. icon_rolleyes.gif

I am also going to try a tuna that is made is apricot preserves, raisins and served on rye. Hope it's good!!

I am loving the ideas, thanks so much! Sometimes it's so easy to get stuck, I don't want that to happen. I want to be able to provide new and different items . Thanks so much, again!!! Any recipes I have that I might could share I would be so happy to!!! thumbs_up.gif

maryak Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 3:06am
post #5 of 5

I've got the recipe at home. I'll post it later tonight. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%