Soccer Ball Cookies...ideas?

Baking By cfloyd Updated 29 Jul 2008 , 10:57pm by shiney

cfloyd Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 2:31am
post #1 of 7

My hunsband is in charge of our youth soccer league and I want to make soccer ball cookies to have at the registration for the kids. I have used the NFSC recipe and love it. I just don't know the best way to decorate the cookies so that they look like the soccer balls. Would you use RI, let it dry, and then come back and do the black pentagon shapes? Any ideas/tips are appreciated. The only other cookies I have decorated were baseball cookies. Thanks!!! icon_smile.gif

6 replies
KellJ Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 4:12am
post #2 of 7

When I make soccer ball cookies I use the rolled buttercream and I have a soccer ball stamp that I bought at Michaels and I stamp onto the RBC and outline and fill in with royal icing.

Afterezra Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 2:05pm
post #3 of 7

I'd let the white dry at least overnight. Then I'd make lines so the circle looks like you cut six pieces of pie. Use these lines to guide you as you make a hexagon in the middle. Then make half hexagons on the edges, again, using the lines to guide you.

HTH!

traceyjade Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 11:44pm
post #4 of 7

My husband is a soccer coach and I am doing this as well. I am just going to make round sugar cookies and then do chocolate image transfers on top. Just print out a soccer ball image to the size you want, then put acetate or parchment paper on top, trace with the chocolate and when set fill the rest in with white chocolate.

Joanne914 Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 12:30am
post #5 of 7

I'm assuming that you are going to be making a large quantity of cookies.
Why don't you use the idea that KellJ mentioned and use a rubber stamp.
But instead of filling in the stamped area with royal icing...just go with the stamped image. I'm sure if you dipped the stamp into a concentrated amount of food coloring, it would print out great onto the rolled butter cream,
or fondant. I recently made one dozen soccer balls, and it was very time consuming using royal icing, so just thinking how you could "short cut" for a large amount of cookies.

JenWhitlock Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 4:16am
post #6 of 7

for the quantity factor...
I think that I agree, frost in white then stamp in black...

I have three different soccer ball cookies in my photos. I have done them all by first piping the outlines (starting in the center) then filling with the two colors. I loved them, but it takes a while.

shiney Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 10:57pm
post #7 of 7

may be too late for this, but i've tried a few methods, and like this one: round cookie glazed with white RI, dry overnight, have a hex shape i trace in the middle with food color pen, then draw out the lines and put like triangles at the end of them, then i actually paint diluted black food color. you can see in my sportsbanquet and graduation cookie bouquet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%