Best Finger Licking Bc Recipe???

Decorating By deld Updated 24 Jul 2008 , 3:52am by penguinprincess

deld Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deld Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 1:28am
post #1 of 3

Hi Ladies,
I am looking for suggestions. I need a GREAT recipe for buttercream, something that will hold well in heat and humidity, something that will allow me to work with borders and basic BC decorations. and most importanly it has to TASTE SUPER GOOD!!!! I do not like the basic BC with crisco and sugar, its gross. I need something more delicate and sophisticated. Any suggestions? Im a newbie so I dont understand the abreviations too well, like IMBC and others, I dont know what those are. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! icon_lol.gif

2 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 2:51am
post #2 of 3

In fear of sounding like I"m tootin' my own horn, my recipe fits all of that:
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-6992-Indydebis-Crisco-Based-Buttercream-Icing.html

While it is a crisco-based icing, it is not a "basic" crisco-based icing ... the added Dream Whip "kicks it up a notch". It uses way less fat than most crisco-recipes you'll find (I tasted those other recipes .... super bleck!! No wonder people say they hate crisco-icing if THAT'S what they've been tasting!)

Crusts well, stays soft on the inside, I've NEVER had a cake melt-down with this icing, not even in super high humidity in over 90 degree heat at an outdoor reception.

It has rec'd good reviews from fellow CC'ers.

penguinprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
penguinprincess Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 3:52am
post #3 of 3

I will strike up a band to go with Indebi's horn! She deserves a whole orchestra!! Thank you for sharing yoru recipe Debi! Plus she offers great advice and a backbone if you fax her a dollar!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%