Decorating By maude Updated 24 Jul 2008 , 4:54am by ladyellam

maude Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 10:28pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone use jam, preserves, etc. for filling cakes? Which works and best and does the cake need refrigeration?

3 replies
ladyellam Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 4

I use all of them. Sometimes I will put a little buttercream into the jam and it turns out really well. If it's only for the day then I just leave it out, but if it's more than a day I just pop it into the fridge.

A really good combo I use is a white cake with one layer of lemon filling and another layer with raspberry. Very Yummy!!

maude Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 1:07am
post #3 of 4

Can you tll me what type of lemon filling you use ladyellam?

ladyellam Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 4:54am
post #4 of 4

Sorry it took so long for me to answer, my varmints were especially unruly tonight. Sometimes I make my own and then other times I will use the sleeve filling from the cake supply.

If I use the sleeve filling I will add a little bit of buttercream to it and it's really yummy. I also like the sleeve because it's easier and very convenient. If I use a jam, I will sometimes put a little liquor in it to make it a little easier to spread and to kick the flavour up a little.

If you have any more questions or need any recipes, just pm me and I will send you some. I've got a chocolate raspberry ganache that will knock your socks off.

Quote by @%username% on %date%