Question About Sugarshack's Frosting!

Decorating By Bossy Updated 24 Jul 2008 , 1:47am by yvy_cano

Bossy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bossy Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 10:06pm
post #1 of 6

Can I use CK high ratio shortening insted of sweetex? I can only find Sweetex here in 50lb containers (have no way to store that much) and I'm told it's to hot to have it shipped here in the summer? I have an outside B-day party to do a cake for in 2 weeks, and it's 98 degrees and 90% humidity here in FL right now, will this recipe hold up OK? Any suggestions welcome!

5 replies
kbgieger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbgieger Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 10:46pm
post #2 of 6

YES! Actually, that's all I've used to date. I want to try the Sweetex, but I'm having the same problem as you with the summertime shipping.

I would think it would hold up pretty well; my DD's birthday is in couple of weeks and I'll be using this BC. The party won't be outside, but the cake will have to travel about 40 minutes in the car to Grandma's house.

I would just keep the cake (and yourself icon_biggrin.gif )in a climate controlled area as much as possible.

HTH,
Karen

pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 11:49pm
post #3 of 6

I don't know about using the CK I only use Sweetex. If you really want to try it D&G Occasions in Orlando on 50 carries it in 50lb size. I bring mine home and cut it into fours and I got two 5 gallon buckets with lids from Home Depot and put it in them. If you want directions to D&G just pm me. I always call first to make sure they have it because I'm about the same distance as you but in the other direction.

Bossy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bossy Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 12:46am
post #4 of 6

Thanks Karen for letting me know the CK works. Also thanks Patty, I love D &G!!! I live in a 1926 house with no closets and storage space, so unless I can find someone else close to the Daytona area to it with, 50lbs. is way to much for me! Maybe one time we'll have to put out a post to all central FL CCrs to see if they want to meet up at D & G and split the sweetex! They have to many cake and candy toys there and I tend to get into trouble, I want everything!!!!

pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 1:17am
post #5 of 6

I know D&G is the best. I'm trekking over there this Saturday. I always leave with more than I intended to get. Good luck and let us know how the CK works for you.

yvy_cano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yvy_cano Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 1:47am
post #6 of 6

I also use CK... I went to D&G and they only had the huge bucket. I have no storage plus I'm a newbie at this and have only done 4 cakes and cant justify me spending around $90 for shortening. Hey Im down for the split lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%