Hawaain Pineapple Cake Recipe?

Decorating By Jasmine33 Updated 26 Jul 2008 , 4:08pm by Jasmine33

Jasmine33 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 7:54pm
post #1 of 6

My aunt has asked me to bake this cake for my aunts birthday this weekend. I am going to be hitting google too but any one with a tried and true recipe will be appreciated. Thanx!

This is what she told me:

hawaain cake mix yellow w/ chunks of pineapple

coconut on the frosting

white icing on top

happy 50th birthday

2 layers

pineapple rings and cherry or strawberry in middle or kiwi

Thanx in advance.

5 replies
kimmypooh79 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 10:29pm
post #2 of 6

It sounds like a pineapple upside down cake except she wants coconut on the icing, which is weird but to each his own. I have a recipe that might work. FYI---it is delicious.

crystalina1977 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 10:39pm
post #3 of 6

wow that sounds like a lot going on in one cake... maybe you could try making a yellow cake with a can of crushed pineapple (I've never tried, but I've heard it's JUST the cake mix and the can of crushed pineapple) and frost it with white frosting and cover it with pineapple. I don't know about the kiwi and the cherries though...

Jasmine33 Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 9:42pm
post #4 of 6

Could I get your recipe kimmypoo?

Christalina that sounds like what I need to do. ANy idea how much pineapple for a 2 layer cake?

crystalina1977 Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 9:58pm
post #5 of 6

it's one regular can of crushed pineapple (not the tiny one, the full size one) and one box of yellow cake mix. there are no other ingredients necessary. i hope you have the opportunity to try it in advance, i cannot speak from experience as i have never made this...i was told about it by a co-worker

Jasmine33 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 4:08pm
post #6 of 6

Thanx you two. Okay, going in!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%