A Tulip Garden

Decorating By travelingcakeplate Updated 5 Aug 2008 , 3:11am by PinkZiab

travelingcakeplate Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 4:12pm
post #1 of 6

Hi guys, I have a request for a cake with a tulip garden. I plan to put the flower and leaves portion of the tulips on the cake, but will it look "odd" if I don't include the long stems.

I've never made gumpaste tulips before and want the cake to be pretty and colorful like the picture she sent me, but not over the top by including the long stems coming up out of the cake.

Do you think that will be ok?

5 replies
cupcakemkr Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 4:36pm
post #2 of 6

You could do something similar to this. could you get away with a bouquet of tulpis wrapped in a bow laying on top of cake? If you do a 4 inch high cake ou could do the stems, leaves and flower going up sides nicely.

Here are a bunch of tulip cakes from gallery, HTH. Good Luck with your cake!

TooMuchCake Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 5:14pm
post #3 of 6

I've got two tulip cakes in my photos. They're piped on, but they might give you some ideas.

toodlesjupiter Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 5:48pm
post #4 of 6

Here's one on Martha Stewart that uses the stems that is really pretty.

Also, here is a very pretty example of a gumpaste tulip:

Here's one similar to the Martha Stewart one from on here

Here's one w/o stems:

travelingcakeplate Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 2:45am
post #5 of 6

Thanks for your advice and cc pics.

This is what I came up with regarding the tulip garden.

As you can tell, lots of inspiration from CCer's. I enjoyed making the bright colors and tulips.

Not quite as good as some of the suggestions, but I don't do "realism" very well. I stick with the "cartoony" look because it just works better for me that way.

Have a nice day. TFL. icon_smile.gif

PinkZiab Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 3:11am
post #6 of 6

Also, here is a very pretty example of a gumpaste tulip:

Not to totally hijack this thread, but toodles, you just TOTALLY made my night (which was going pretty crappy up until now) even though you posted that a few days ago I just came across it. Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%