Silver Scroll

Decorating By crablegs Updated 23 Jul 2008 , 9:46pm by cakequeen50

crablegs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crablegs Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 3:01pm
post #1 of 5

I am doing a cake this weekend and she wants silver scroll. The cake is covered with BC. Can I pipe scroll with BC and paint with silver luster dust or do I need to scroll with RI?

thanks

4 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 3:08pm
post #2 of 5

Royal would be your best bet if you want to paint it. BC is almost impossible to paint unless you have an airbrush.

amy27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amy27 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 3:11pm
post #3 of 5

I have made a cake with buttercream and then put RI on it to make it look like pearls and used luster dust, I made sure my buttercream had crusted and then i made my RI firm and it work out ok. Good luck.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 3:14pm
post #4 of 5

I allowed the scrolls to crust then using a small brush and a mixture of gin, super pearl and nu silver lustre dusts, brushed each scroll. I had no problem with it adhereing to the b/c. The one with the pink petals in my pics.

I did use a crusting (butterless) b/c

They were, indeed, silver.

cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 9:46pm
post #5 of 5

I am hooked on a recipe that I found on cc. It is great! I used a plastic plate and it worked fine. No ceramic or glass in my shop!

2 ts. Powdered sugar
2 ts. gold silver or metallic dusting powder
clear alcohol
1 ts. piping gel

On a small ceramic plate, mix sugar and dusting powder. Add a few drops of clear alcohol (gin or vodka is suggested) and mix with a small palette knife to create a stiff paste

Add the piping gel, a little at a time, mixing well until the consistency for piping in reached. Use a very small piping bag and tip as needed. The leftovers can be put into a small container and stored in the refrigerator. It will keep indefinitely

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%