Silver Scroll

Decorating By crablegs Updated 23 Jul 2008 , 9:46pm by cakequeen50

crablegs Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 3:01pm
post #1 of 5

I am doing a cake this weekend and she wants silver scroll. The cake is covered with BC. Can I pipe scroll with BC and paint with silver luster dust or do I need to scroll with RI?

thanks

4 replies
tiggy2 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 3:08pm
post #2 of 5

Royal would be your best bet if you want to paint it. BC is almost impossible to paint unless you have an airbrush.

amy27 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 3:11pm
post #3 of 5

I have made a cake with buttercream and then put RI on it to make it look like pearls and used luster dust, I made sure my buttercream had crusted and then i made my RI firm and it work out ok. Good luck.

all4cake Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 3:14pm
post #4 of 5

I allowed the scrolls to crust then using a small brush and a mixture of gin, super pearl and nu silver lustre dusts, brushed each scroll. I had no problem with it adhereing to the b/c. The one with the pink petals in my pics.

I did use a crusting (butterless) b/c

They were, indeed, silver.

cakequeen50 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 9:46pm
post #5 of 5

I am hooked on a recipe that I found on cc. It is great! I used a plastic plate and it worked fine. No ceramic or glass in my shop!

2 ts. Powdered sugar
2 ts. gold silver or metallic dusting powder
clear alcohol
1 ts. piping gel

On a small ceramic plate, mix sugar and dusting powder. Add a few drops of clear alcohol (gin or vodka is suggested) and mix with a small palette knife to create a stiff paste

Add the piping gel, a little at a time, mixing well until the consistency for piping in reached. Use a very small piping bag and tip as needed. The leftovers can be put into a small container and stored in the refrigerator. It will keep indefinitely

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%