I Need A Button Cake

Decorating By theshegoof Updated 23 Jul 2008 , 2:42pm by SweetResults

theshegoof Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theshegoof Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 12:13pm
post #1 of 6

I am making the cake for a adoption shower in 3 weeks. The theme is " Cute as a button" I can't think of any cakes to make for this shower. HELP please. icon_smile.gif

5 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 12:15pm
post #2 of 6

It would be really easy to make some buttons out of fondant...just cut circles and then make some holes in the center. Do different sizes and colors and put them around the cake.

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 12:33pm
post #3 of 6

Check out the new Martha Stewart wedding cake book and The Whimsical Bakery cake book. I believe that they both have cakes decorated with a button theme. It may give you an idea. Also I have seen button fondant mold but I am not sure where. Good luck icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

ngfcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ngfcake Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 12:38pm
post #4 of 6
sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 2:21pm
post #5 of 6

when you cut your buttons out of fondant lay a piece of saran wrap over the fondant first and push your circle cutter down over that, it will give a nice rounded edge. plus another benefit is if you use your tip ends to cut buttons the fondant wont get stuck inside the tip.

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 2:42pm
post #6 of 6

How funny we are doing a Cute as a Button cake this Friday as well!

I made some booties and we are putting them in the middle of a round cake, ribbon around the base, and clusters of buttons around the booties.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%