Comments On Recipes You Have Tried From This Site!!!!!

Baking By momvarden Updated 23 Jul 2008 , 5:37pm by momvarden

momvarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momvarden Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 12:06pm
post #1 of 2

Ok, I did some research on this site and could not find a comment thread for the recipes. So here is our chance.

I made the caramel/Vanilla Cake-doctored mix recipe it is thick and was the best of the 3 recipes that i tried. I fill my pans about 2/3rds of the way so 1 prepared batter will give me a 8 inch round and a 6 in round. I ended up doing 2 because i needed 2 8inch x 2in cake pans. the 6 in i will use as tasting samples.

The other recipe i used from this site is the Caramel Cake 1 it is a good cake but it was not caramel tasting enough, so i would consider it to be kind of like a brown sugar cake, I will make it for that type of cake. It also did 1-8 in and 1- 6 in rounds. It does have a nice caramel color and the crust on it is yummy.

the third recipe i tried is from another site and it ishttp://www.wrenscottage.com/kitchen/ also known as From Karen's Kitchen
it was the caramel cake recipe to me this was my personnal favorite but not as a caramel cake more like a vanilla sour cream cake.
It is worth trying it is very moist. the amounts for the cake pans were the same as the other 2.

Ok, lets see what everyone else has to say. [/b]

1 reply
momvarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momvarden Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 5:37pm
post #2 of 2

ok I really want people to see this so i will bump it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%