Fun Back To School Craft For Girls

Lounge By Texas_Rose Updated 23 Jul 2008 , 4:40pm by Amia

Texas_Rose Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 7:04am
post #1 of 3

My daughter and I did this together and it was lots of fun, so I thought I'd share.

We bought the school box that she has to have for school, some plastic gems, some seed beads, some sticky letters, and a bottle of tacky glue.

On the first day we used the tacky glue to stick the plastic gems on in patterns, and we put her name, first and last, on the box. We let it dry overnight.

The next day, the plastic gems were glued down firmly, so we spread glue around them with a paintbrush and filled in the sections with seed beads. If you only put glue on one section and then beads, and then move on to another section, you can make different colors for different areas.

Here's a picture of the finished box...I'm still only taking pictures with the cell phone, so it's not the best picture in the world.

2 replies
redhare Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 2:04pm
post #2 of 3

THAT is cute!!!! what a good idea

Amia Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 3

That's cute! I love crafts-y stuff! I used to take scrapbook paper and pics of my fam and make pages to put on the fronts of my binders. It has to be the binders with the plastic sheet over it, so you can slide the page in.

I guess those aren't really crafts I can do with my two sons icon_lol.gif ...I guess it's time hubby and I discussed having a girl, eh? icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%