Help Me Ccer's!! I Have No Clue Where To Begin!!!

Decorating By doublecz1103 Updated 23 Jul 2008 , 3:03am by ladyonzlake

doublecz1103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doublecz1103 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 1:43am
post #1 of 7

I want to make a cake that is stacked like the black, white, and red cake, but i want the top layer to look like the cake that looks like an open box filled with tissue. how do you first do the whimsical cake stacked like this with the flowers??!?! and then i have no idea how to do the open box with tissue!! can anyone help.. is there a tutorial?? i need to figure this out asap!! help icon_biggrin.gif
LL
LL

6 replies
gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 2:00am
post #2 of 7

I remember seeing a post on both of there. the black and white uses wedges of styrofoam, the other is something like it. I would pm the people who made these and ask them.

Good Luck.

HipnotiqGlamour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HipnotiqGlamour Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 2:08am
post #3 of 7

I myself am trying to make one and this is what I found helpful

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=71115&pid=969488&st=0

try that url out and let me know if it works for you.
Its not a video but it does show step by step photos.

good luck sweetie thumbs_up.gif

woodthi32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodthi32 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 2:20am
post #4 of 7

You will definitely want to use the styrofoam method. I'll attach the diagram of a styro wedge cake I did, but it was round. It's the cake with the skeleton top in my pics, so WAAAY diff from yours. BUT this may help with the construction. I angled my tiers, and clearly you won't do that!
Good luck!
LL

CShields Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CShields Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 2:22am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublecz1103

I want to make a cake that is stacked like the black, white, and red cake, but i want the top layer to look like the cake that looks like an open box filled with tissue. how do you first do the whimsical cake stacked like this with the flowers??!?! and then i have no idea how to do the open box with tissue!! can anyone help.. is there a tutorial?? i need to figure this out asap!! help icon_biggrin.gif

Earlier today, I was admiring the cake that you posted in the bottom photo. I just looked up the creator's post, prior to her making that cake, and it tells how to stack and internally post that cake. Try this: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=586946&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 2:25am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HipnotiqGlamour

I myself am trying to make one and this is what I found helpful

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=71115&pid=969488&st=0

try that url out and let me know if it works for you.
Its not a video but it does show step by step photos.

good luck sweetie thumbs_up.gif

Great link thanks for Sharing... I think I going to make something like this for my b-day!

Good Luck.

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 3:03am
post #7 of 7

Box #2 used styrofoam wedges and the person who did the gift box cake got the instructions from me....email me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%