Americolor Gold Sheen

Decorating By barbaranoel Updated 23 Jul 2008 , 1:48am by Molly2

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 1:03am
post #1 of 6

I was at the cake store today to buy some Gold Luster Dust and the owner suggested the Americolor Gold Sheen.

Has anyone ever used it?

The small cont. of dust cost $8.99 and 4.5oz of this only cost $4.99. And how I am only using this for a family reunion cake I was willing to give it a chance.

Barb

5 replies
janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 1:10am
post #2 of 6

I haven't used it, but I saw it at the ICES convention this weekend and people were buying it up like CRAZY!!

Let me know how it works!!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 1:22am
post #3 of 6

Is that anything like gold glaze (liquid)?

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 1:38am
post #4 of 6

I have and used it if you look at my Army cake in my pictures I used it on the rope around the Army image I love it I also have the silver I use that a lot I used that on the dog tags on the same cake but that picture was deleted

Molly2

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 1:42am
post #5 of 6

leahs - I don't know that one myself

Molly2 - thanks for the info, that looks like I'll be able to do what I wanted to

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 1:48am
post #6 of 6

When I first decide to do this I had bought some gold rope from the fabric store because I wasn't sure how the sheen would work but after I used the sheen and put a little luster dust on top the fondant with the sheen looked better then the rope from the fabric store I hope this info helped also I air brushed this on my fondant but the lady at the store said it could also be painted on with a brush.

Molly2

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%