Chap Stick Cake Ideas

Decorating By Donnagardner Updated 23 Jul 2008 , 5:29pm by BCo

Donnagardner Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 8:14pm
post #1 of 6

I need help with an idea for a three year old cake. The dad is a co-worker and says his son has a chap stick with him all the time and even sleeps with it. I was thinking of a carved tube of chap stick but am coming up empty other than that. Any one have any good ideas? Thanks

5 replies
BCo Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 8:24pm
post #2 of 6

ahhh - very cute idea! to make the tube (or half tube) I would use 4" or 6" rounds (or bigger,depending on how big you need it) cut them in half and stack them side by side (with buttercream in between to glue them together) that will give you your rounded shape without having to carve anything. Make it as long as you need to make the chapstick tube and then either cover in fondant, white for the cap and whatever flavor chapstick he likes color for the rest of the tube. Or if you do buttercream, same thing but in buttercream. Then pipe the logo or a FBCT or edible image. Sounds cute and different and very personalized!!

Good luck
Brandie

Donnagardner Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 8:35pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks Brandi, I didnt think about doing th rounds that way. I am just trying to come up with some ideas on how to make it look kiddy if you know what I mean.

BCo Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 12:11pm
post #4 of 6

gotcha! Does he have a favorite kind of chapstick? Or is it just the regular "chapstick" brand? I know my kids have all kinds of different chapsticks with Disney characters or cartoon characters on them. Spongebob, Princesses, Batman..... Maybe that might be a way to make it more kid like!

Donnagardner Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 5:04pm
post #5 of 6

He does not care about color or flavor. I saw the disney one today and am thinking of going that way maybe. Thanks for your help.

BCo Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 5:29pm
post #6 of 6

NP - can't wait to see what you come up with!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%