I Am Embarrassed And Hurt! A Bit Long!

Lounge By samimax Updated 22 Jul 2008 , 10:45pm by alracntna

samimax Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 8:00pm
post #1 of 4

I had to go for an interview today- I am a sub. teacher and my school wants to hire me back. So, I'm talking with my principal and she keeps hinting at me leaving the year early. She kept saying that parents are worried about consistancy, etc. She kept looking at me, waiting for me to tell her something that she already knew- I was pregnant.

As I sat there and listened to her comments, I kept saying- No, I'm avalible all year. Every time I would say it, she would give me this look like, Come on. Just tell me when your due.

Finally, I said, "I was pregnant. Now I'm not. It's not an issue. I'll be here all year." (totally humilated now)

She said, "OH, that changes things" (meaning I'd be considered for a long term job, not a half year)

Basically, she got me to admit I wasn't pregnant- (but was looking for me to confirm it) which is completely illegal. I am so mad, hurt, embarressed (I didnt want ANYONE to know what happened this summer)

DH is furious.

There is nothing I can do- if I complain to the union, it'll come back to her. If I complain to HR, same thing, and I doubt they'll offer a "trouble maker" a job. Plus, she didnt come out and ASK me, she got me to admit it.

I just need to vent. I'm still having trouble getting over the miscarriage as it is. I have NO idea how she "found out". Only my one VERY close friend knew, and I completely trust her. (She wants me to work with her, so I know she wouldnt do anything to hurt my chances)

thanks for reading this epic!

What would you do? thoughts?

3 replies
JoAnnB Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 8:09pm
post #2 of 4

First, I am so sorry for your loss.

She was so out of line. I'm sorry she felt it necessary to embarass you and in such an illegal stunt.

mean people suck and Karma is waiting for tha b**ch

-K8memphis Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 4

First of all please accept my sympathy in your stunning loss. I'm so very sorry that happened. (((Big Hug)))

Me, I would chalk it up to yet another of life's inequities. I mean only because you've already talked yourself out of taking it any where.

Use this to undergird yourself for a next time. Like for example one way to help get around illegal nosing around or anytime you need to change the conversation, ask a question, say "Why do you ask?" Say, "Oh Ok" and just stay paused until the other person picks up the conversation again. Yes tension can build a little but that's ok too.

She was wrong to the point of illegal and I'm sorry that happened too. You were at her mercy because you want the job but she was so wrong.

Anyway, you will have a nice job and watch out for her.

edited to say: while I hope it's obvious when I said 'yet another of life's inequities " I meant how the interviewer lady had nose trouble about securing school year helpers. I mean it's a substitute job anyways. She needs to go stand in the corner until she can learn to play nice.

alracntna Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 10:45pm
post #4 of 4

I am very sorry for your loss. please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. i know what it is like to have lost a baby you so dearly wanted. you must know that god has a plan for everything and everybody. i don't know if that helps much right now because it didn't me until i was ready to hear it.

as for her, stupidity has to be excused because there is no cure. we just have to make room on our planet so that all types of people can live here. keep your chin up my friend and you will get through this.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%