Icarly Cake Ideas?

Decorating By mommy2owen Updated 23 Jul 2008 , 4:50pm by cakebabe

mommy2owen Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 4:21pm
post #1 of 20

Hi everyone,

A customer just called me and asked if I could do a sheet cake in the theme of iCarly. I'm not familiar with the tv show, but I said that I could and immediately came here when I got off the phone...hoping to find some ideas, but I haven't found anything. I looked around the internet, but still, nothing icon_cry.gif Does anyone have any ideas for how to do a cake that is themed to iCarly? It would really help me out. Thanks! thumbs_up.gif

19 replies
need2sleep Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 4:28pm
post #2 of 20

I found this website. I hope it is what you are looking for and good luck...www.icarly.com. Apparently it is a Nickelodeon show about a teenage girl.

Sandra

JenLen Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 4:31pm
post #3 of 20

Here is what I have picked up while it is on at my house.

Carly lives with her dopey brother while her dad is in Iraq. She does a web show (iCarly) with her friend out of her house. There is a boy (Spencer, I think) that video tapes the show for them.

Sorry, that is all I got. icon_smile.gif

joylee8 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 20

Not sure if this will help- iCarly is about a girl who has a show on the internet with her best friend, Sam

joylee8 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 4:32pm
post #5 of 20

Not sure if this will help- iCarly is about a girl who has a show on the internet with her best friend, Sam

Sorry dont know how it got posted twice!!

julzs71 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 4:35pm
post #6 of 20

how about a computer cake with a edible image of iCarly on the screen.

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 4:37pm
post #7 of 20

Its a show on Nickelodeon. Its a bout a giel who lives with her brother. She has a web show that she does with her 2 friends.

heres the link to the show

www.icarly.com

As far as cake maybe the logo or an a laptop with the iCarly logo?

mommy2owen Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 4:37pm
post #8 of 20

Hmmmm.....I still can't really think of anything. Maybe I could decorate the cake in the colors and stars that I see on the iCarly website and do a FBCT of a webcam or computer or something like that since she has an internet show? icon_confused.gif I don't know. I'm suprised after seeing what the show is that the cake is for a 6 yr old. Six seems a little young for the show.

mrsw Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 4:40pm
post #9 of 20

I found the same iCarly website and the only suggestion I can make is to use the color theme of the website for the cake and maybe have the iCarly logo on it somewhere. It looks to be a teen/tween show. Maybe some silly sayings from the show or inside jokes? Can you ask the mom for some direction?

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 4:42pm
post #10 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2owen

Hmmmm.....I still can't really think of anything. Maybe I could decorate the cake in the colors and stars that I see on the iCarly website and do a FBCT of a webcam or computer or something like that since she has an internet show? icon_confused.gif I don't know. I'm suprised after seeing what the show is that the cake is for a 6 yr old. Six seems a little young for the show.

I wouldnt think young kids like it then my 5yo started watching it daily. My 10 yo son also watches it. I actually watch it with them sometimes icon_redface.gif

It may be because she came on another Nick show Drake and Josh and she was the evil little sister. Then she got her own show and it really is funny.

joylee8 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 4:46pm
post #11 of 20

O.K. I admit I watch it with my 5 and 8 year olds sometimes too!! icon_redface.gif

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 4:55pm
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by joylee8

O.K. I admit I watch it with my 5 and 8 year olds sometimes too!! icon_redface.gif

thumbs_up.gif

when it comes on i sing the intro song icon_redface.gif

Jayde Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 10:56pm
post #13 of 20

My 4 year old LOVES iCarly, and I watch it with her too. I also sing the intro Roxy icon_redface.gif . I guess if you kid is going to watch tv, you should at least know what they are watching right? At least thats my excuse and I am sticking to it thumbs_up.gif .

iCarly is a show where there are 3 teenagers, who are in highschool/middleschool and they have a web show named iCarly. Their names are Freddie, Sam, and Carly. Sam is a girl who is vulgar, and likes to eat anything, she also picks on Freddie a lot. Carly is your average good girl, good student, goody two-shoes etc. Freddie is their technical producer, hes the one who films the web show, and hes secretly in love with Carly. Spencer is Carly's older brother, and he is hilarious. He is an artist who has a different and wacky sculpture/painting event every episode.

As far as decorating a sheet cake with the theme, you could make the sheet cake look like a computer screen, and do a edible image of the four for the inside of the screen. Or even a screen print of the actual website would be kinda cute. Like you are looking at the actual website.

Umm, you could dedicate a corner to each of the stars of the show, and make each corner about all of them, and then put a edible image of the 4 of them in the center. Like write the name Sam in one corner and put all sorts of food in one corner. Stick Spencer in another and you could do a little abstract sculpture, a painting, and a goldfish. And so on and so forth...

Those are just a couple of ideas, let me know if you need more.

misha35 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 11:16pm
post #14 of 20

icarly uses a 'pear' computer logo instead of apple.... i'll admit, kinda sad I know that.
(my 6 year old enjoys the show.)
The older brother has wacky socks.... they light up, etc. Her brother is an artist of odd things as well.

good luck!

weirkd Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 11:24pm
post #15 of 20

Have to say that my kids watch the shows before it but I will keep it on to watch it! She's really cute and I think the whole show is too. Its not your typical Disney stuff that Im so sick of seeing!
But I like the idea of making the cake look like a your watching her show on the internet with the computer screen and then her and Sam doing the show. I think that would be a really cute cake!
Did I say I love the theme song too! I find myself singing it when the show isnt on! I know, Im pathetic!

mommy2owen Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 12:15am
post #16 of 20

Thanks for the good ideas. Does anyone know if there are any icarly edible images? I haven't been able to find any. Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 3:38am
post #17 of 20

You could also add the famous "spaghetti tacos" that SPencer makes

I dont think you will be able to find images. Do you know someone who you can buy them from? Sometimes the grocery store bakery will print some for you....depends on the person and store sometimes they can be mean

weirkd Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 3:31pm
post #18 of 20

I know Giant will do it for people once in a while and there is a website which I believe is edibleimages.com that will print them for you.
As far as the images themselves, I would go to nicklodeon.com or icarly.com and get pictures off of there. If your bringing it to a grocery store to print they just need it on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper. So you can print out the image you want at home and bring it to them. And I believe the edible images website requires you to send it to them or email but it has to have a high dpi rate to make the image come out clear.

julzs71 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 4:34pm
post #19 of 20

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1246663
Here is what I was thinking of. You don't even need to get an edible image. That part of the cake would not be eaten by anyone.

cakebabe Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 4:50pm
post #20 of 20

I love to watch iCarly with my girls icon_biggrin.gif I would try to make the cake look like a laying down version of the computer screen in their kitchen. Here is a link to a picture with the computer in the background.
http://a1926.g.akamai.net/f/1926/34299/3d/downloadstor.download.akamai.com/10768/nick.com/icarly/CONTENT/Photos/2007/445/20070905P_0004.jpg

Or you could do a cake to look like the front of the care in the "studio".
http://a1926.g.akamai.net/f/1926/34299/3d/downloadstor.download.akamai.com/10768/nick.com/icarly/CONTENT/Photos/2007/445/20070908P_0009.jpg

Keep us posted on what you do.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%