Little Einstein Cake

Decorating By mom23boys Updated 22 Jul 2008 , 11:37pm by dee-lite

mom23boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom23boys Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 4:01pm
post #1 of 5

Hello

A friend has asked me to make a cake for 50ish people for her daughter's 2nd birthday. The little girl loves the Little Einsteins. I've done rocket cake in the past (I've attached it), but there is no way that it would feed 50 people. So, I'm looking for ideas. I'd rather not do a plain old sheet cake...I was thinking a tiered cake. So, what I'm wondering is what size cakes would I need to make to feed $50 people, and what are your decoration suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Oh, I'd also like to know what you'd charge for the cake...[/img]
LL

4 replies
crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 10:22pm
post #2 of 5

maybe you could set this cake on top of a larger round, ive only seen one of these shows, but maybe put around the outside of the round musical notes, etc.

terri-jo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terri-jo Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 10:36pm
post #3 of 5

First off, I LOVE your rocket cake. My three year old son just demanded it for his next birthday. If it were me, I would take that exact cake and place it on a larger round...maybe sky blue with clouds and then some of the other things from the show. A musical baton, some ballet shoes, instruments. I love the idea of the music notes too. You could have a five line stave all around the cake with notes on it. Post a pic when you're done. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

mconrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mconrey Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 10:43pm
post #4 of 5

I did the rocket cake for my daughter's birthday last month! What I did was placed the rocket on a larger square cake base. I just decorated the square to look like rocket was sitting on the grass. It was simple and lookd very cute. I didn't have the edible image to put in the window like you're fab rocket cake, so I put the plastic figurines of the characters standing in the grass next to rocket.

Have you looked in the galleries yet? I remember seeing a couple different tiered Little Einsteins cakes when I was trying to figure out what I was going to do.

As far as charging - I have not idea what you would charge for something like that.

dee-lite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dee-lite Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 11:37pm
post #5 of 5

How about like this ?
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%