Ot, Sad News

Baking By deetmar Updated 3 Sep 2008 , 12:06am by deetmar

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 2:14pm
post #1 of 21

My daughter-in-law lost the baby last week. icon_cry.gif It has been a difficult time. We pray that she will get pregnant again, as soon as her body heals.

I appreciate all the congratulations when I shared the news of her pregnancy. This is particularly hard for me, because she isn't just my daughter-in-law, she's my best friend.

I wanted to tell you guys on Friday, but I couldn't type the words.

20 replies
yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 2:59pm
post #2 of 21

So sorry for your DIL's loss...my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

Charmaine49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmaine49 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 3:07pm
post #3 of 21

I feel so sorry for your DIL and the family, I know what it is like to lose a baby. I lost a baby (many years ago) and it is the hardest thing to overcome.
My prayers are with you all..... hope she feels better with each passing day.

Valli_War Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Valli_War Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 3:10pm
post #4 of 21

I am so sorry for your loss. I know what it feels to be in her shoes. I lost my first at 5 months of pregnancy. But, I am truly grateful that I have two healthy kids now. Time is the healer. I pray she gets all the strength to carry on with life.

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 3:11pm
post #5 of 21

Praying God's Blessings and peace over you and your family

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 3:14pm
post #6 of 21

I'm so sorry... My mother lost 5 babies. She had my sister, lost 5 (one at 5 months) and had me 6 weeks premature. I pray she heals, and is able to conceive again.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 3:14pm
post #7 of 21

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope that you all start to heal quickly and leave this special little one who was so loved before it was even born in your hearts. I'll be thinking of you and your family.

shrek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shrek Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 3:19pm
post #8 of 21

You and your family are in my prayers

leannsloan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leannsloan Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 3:22pm
post #9 of 21

I am so sorry to hear of you loss you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Afterezra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Afterezra Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 3:40pm
post #10 of 21

I'm so sorry to hear this. Your entire family is in my prayers. What a blessing to be so close to your dil.

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 4:07pm
post #11 of 21

I am so sorry your family is going through this. Will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

deetmar Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 12:03am
post #12 of 21

You guys are the best. I am sitting here crying reading all the well wishes. It's so hard to be strong for her, when we are hurting too.

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 1:55am
post #13 of 21

So very sorry for such a loss....prayers and healing to you, your DIL and your family.

Gatorfan01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gatorfan01 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 1:14pm
post #14 of 21

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your son, DIL and the rest of the family.

I feel the same way about my DIL.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 5:38pm
post #15 of 21

I just wanted to add my condolences. Each day will get a bit better, but until the pain lessens, know that well wishes are sent your way.

ashcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashcake Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 5:53pm
post #16 of 21

Thoughts and Prayers go to your DIL, your son, you and the rest of the family.

PennySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennySue Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 5:56pm
post #17 of 21

I'm so sorry for your family's loss. My DIL lost 2 before she had our granddaughter. I will pray that your dear one's will soon be blessed with a baby again.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 6:02pm
post #18 of 21

I am so sorry for you and your family. I had two miscarriages before I had my children. I now have five little blessings, but still remember how it felt to loose a baby.

I am touched that the two of you are best friends, that is so sweet!

Don't feel as though you have to be so strong for her. It seemed like that's what everyone did with me and it made me feel as though no one cared about the loss.

I hope her body will heal quickly.

MessyBaker

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 6:08pm
post #19 of 21

You're in my thoughts and prayers and have my deepest sympathy. I'm so sorry that you, your son and d-i-l, as well as the rest of your family are having to deal with this loss. The memory of that unborn little blessing will remain in your hearts, but time will ease the pain. May God bless you.

SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 9:37pm
post #20 of 21

So sorry to hear of your loss. icon_sad.gif

deetmar Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 12:06am
post #21 of 21

Wow, it choked me up to see this come up again, especially after I spent the afternoon with my DIL, and son. They took Amtrac to Colorado for a little get a way.

It was so good to see them smile and laugh again. I think they will be okay. I was hoping they would make me another grandbaby in Colorado, we will find out soon enough.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%