Cake Jewels?

Decorating By sharlene_marie Updated 22 Jul 2008 , 4:09pm by sharlene_marie

sharlene_marie Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 1:59pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone know how to make these jewels? I just need the recipe and instructions. I was thinking about using a butterfly mold I have to make these for my daughters birthday cake this week! Thanks

www.fancyflours.com/blue-sapphire-cake-jewels.html

7 replies
Joanne914 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 2:14pm
post #2 of 8

I can't tell you how to make the jewels, but what I can tell you is that I ordered those same jewels from fancyflours and they were beautiful. Unfortunately, they were too large for what I needed them for, and I phoned fancyflours to see if they had smaller jewels. I had a lovely conversation with a lady there, and she told me that they were going to be making molds that would make smaller jewels, but they were not available yet for customers to purchase. I spoke to her in early June, but she really didn't indicate when the small jewel molds would be made available. You might want to give her a call if you can't figure out how to make them. I myself tried everything to make or locate smaller jewels, but had no luck. I will be interested to see what you can come up with! Good Luck!

twooten173 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 2:41pm
post #3 of 8

ok, I made some before and they were sticky but they looked nice. Follow these instructions (I didn't use citric acid).
http://www.candyflavor.com/MakingCandy.htm

drgrl21 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 2:45pm
post #4 of 8

they sell jewel molds to make them,lemme find the link.

drgrl21 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 2:50pm
post #6 of 8

http://www.rachelssupply.com/cmold.htm

smaller versionscrolldown.

eatdessert1st Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 3:04pm
post #7 of 8

Hobby Lobby also carries the jewel molds! I bought a little boxed kit there.. it has the stuff you need to make the hard candy plus a couple of different flavorings. (oils) It's in the candy section. I haven't tried mine, yet. I plan on using it in Sept. for a cake.. I might try to play with it after the kiddos are back in school. If you use your 40% of certificate you can get it for very reasonable!

HTH,
Melanie Mc.

sharlene_marie Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 4:09pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks, I may just go to Hobby Lobby and purchase this kit... I appreciate all the help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%