Canadian Decorators:what Brand Hi Ratio Does Bulk Barn Sell?

Decorating By wildflower Updated 1 Aug 2009 , 3:58pm by Cake_Princess

wildflower Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 4:45am
post #1 of 3

hi there
i was hoping to make sugarshacks icing recipe for an upcoming wedding and i checked the other local stores near me and no one sells hi ratio shortnening except bulk barn
do any of u other canadian decorators know what brand it is?i jus saw a thread by someone about how the brand really makes a difference in the consistency[sweetex is best?]but i already bought a good amount before i knew...do u think it will still turn out if it ends up not being sweetex?
thnx in advance!

2 replies
cherrycakes Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 1:41pm
post #2 of 3

Did you ever find out the answer? I was just going to post the same question so I'll give this a bump. Has anyone in Canada tried the hi ratio shortening at Bulk Barn? I really don't want to waste a whole recipe of buttercream if it isn't any good.

Cake_Princess Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 3:58pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower

hi there
i was hoping to make sugarshacks icing recipe for an upcoming wedding and i checked the other local stores near me and no one sells hi ratio shortnening except bulk barn
do any of u other canadian decorators know what brand it is?i jus saw a thread by someone about how the brand really makes a difference in the consistency[sweetex is best?]but i already bought a good amount before i knew...do u think it will still turn out if it ends up not being sweetex?
thnx in advance!

Call them and find out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%