I Have A Cookie Cake Order And Need Help>>>

Baking By lovetofrost Updated 23 Jul 2008 , 1:25pm by lovetofrost

lovetofrost Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 12:26am
post #1 of 7

I just got my first cookie cake order and need a great recipe. I want to make it thick and chewy. Does anyone have a good recipe for a cookie cake or know the serving sizes on them? thanks in advance for your help.

6 replies
MichelleM77 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 12:56am
post #2 of 7

I love the NFSC (no fail sugar cookie) recipe on this site.

Serving size depends on the size and shape of your cookie cutter, and also the thickness you roll.

I made one batch last week and got 48 puzzle piece cookies, but also did one batch and only got 12 wedding cakes and 12 martini glasses, and they are all rolled out using 3/8" dowel rods.

lovetofrost Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 12:38am
post #3 of 7

thanks for the advice. I did it today, take a look at it and let me know what you think. it is in my gallery.

MichelleM77 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 2:14am
post #4 of 7

Looks yummy! Did you find a recipe? It looks like you ended up with a chocolate chip cookie. I didn't realize you said cookie cake. Sorry about that!

lovetofrost Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 12:19pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks! I used the nestle tolhouse cookie recipe and multiplied it by 3. It turned out nice and thick. But wasn't the flattest like a cake. So, I scraped it down for the chipmunks. You might know the answer to this, I was going to post this in another forum, do you do FBCT's? I had a hard time with this one and was wanting to see if I did it right or maybe I'm missing a step.

mashmellow Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 12:48pm
post #6 of 7

what pan did you used, was it a thin one or the 2"

lovetofrost Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 1:25pm
post #7 of 7

I used my wilton 14 x 2 cake pan.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%