Cupcake Questions

Decorating By chrisrich Updated 12 Aug 2005 , 9:31pm by SheilaF

chrisrich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrisrich Posted 12 Aug 2005 , 2:14pm
post #1 of 8

What is the diameter of a regular sized cupcake?
I need to make cupcakes with a company logo on them. The logo is a circle that kind of looks like a bulls eye in various colors.

I was thinking that the easiest way to do this would be to make several FBCTs; make all the cupcakes; and then just plop all the small frozen circles of frosting on top of the cupcakes.

Do you think this will work or will I need to ice all of the cupcakes first and then plop the bulls eyes on top?

7 replies
ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 12 Aug 2005 , 2:17pm
post #2 of 8

I would think about 2 to 2 1/2 inches in diameter or that is what mine usually are lol

If you put icing on your cupcakes and then plan to do the FBCT, then I'd make sure the icing was smooth on the cupcakes. Then do the FBCT and apply to the cupcakes.. good luck and remember to post pics!!

sgirvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgirvan Posted 12 Aug 2005 , 2:21pm
post #3 of 8

My comment on this would be to make sure your cupcakes are flat on top because if you go to put the FBCT on top and they are rounded, they will crack. When they come out of the overn, right away take an overmitt and gently press them down on with cupcakes I place a tea towl over top and then gently press down with a cookie sheet, let them cool then remove them from the muffin pan.

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 12 Aug 2005 , 3:35pm
post #4 of 8

Can you do the same with cakes because mine always come out to high in the center?

CakesByEllen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByEllen Posted 12 Aug 2005 , 3:41pm
post #5 of 8

yes you can. I always flatten my cakes with a cutting board. The trick is you have to do it right out of the oven.

chrisrich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrisrich Posted 12 Aug 2005 , 4:24pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks.
And just to clarify -

I CAN but the transfer directly on the cupcake without a base layer of icing, correct?

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 12 Aug 2005 , 4:28pm
post #7 of 8

How long do you let the board sit on the cake?

SheilaF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheilaF Posted 12 Aug 2005 , 9:31pm
post #8 of 8

Actually, if you just set it on top and let it melt slowly onto the cupcake, it won't crack as it settles. As long as it's not a huge transfer anyway. You just have to give it a few minutes to cool and soften. I did 12 separate transfers on the side of my pokemon cake, and only the first one cracked b/c I was to impatient and tried to force it in place.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%