Cupcake Tatts!

Baking By zoomzone Updated 11 Sep 2008 , 11:58am by stsapph

pinkbeesugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbeesugar Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 1:41pm
post #31 of 63

I love it!!! I have two and agree that they can be addicting. My DH wants me to get another one, and I believe a cupcake would be perfect!!!! I am so excited.

If you can survive the dentist (which REALLY gets me) you can survive a tattoo. I say go for it to all the ladies just thinking about it. You can always hide it, just give some thought to placement.

No one at work would ever think I have two icon_smile.gif

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 2:08pm
post #32 of 63

Yes tatts are very much addictive,within a month of getting my first I was back for another.
I now have 3 and I want more.
But it seems for the past 5 years I have either been pregnant or breastfeeding so I have'nt been able to complete my collection.
But hopefully in a year or so I will be able to get some more.
I'm glad I'm not the only one out there who wants to permamently ink a dessert on my body!
I want a "piece of cake" on my right hip.
But a cupcake would be super cute.
Oh maybe a cupcake for each kid?

TejasRebel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TejasRebel Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 2:14pm
post #33 of 63

Those are great! Maybe I'll go get one for my bday tomorrow -- I got my first one when I was 40. It's in the middle of my lower back. Funny story with that one (to me, anyhow!):

I was scent tracking with my dog and the instructors in the class were walking behind us. She found what she was supposed to and I knelt down to give her a reward. My jeans rode down, my shirt rode up, and I heard Instructor No. 1: "That's something you don't see in tracking."

No. 2: "What's that? A butt?"
No. 1: "No... a tattoo!"

It's a good thing I have a big dog -- I was laughing so hard she was holding me up!

For those of you that are hesitant -- go for it -- express yourself! It's YOUR body!

mom2leelee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2leelee Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 3:50am
post #34 of 63

I have been wanting a cupcake tattoo for years now. I'm seriously thinking of getting one w/ my daughters name on it.

crislen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crislen Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 11:52pm
post #35 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi1207

LOL...............that's one of the reasons I put it on my foot. I figured it wouldn't change or strangely morph into something so much there.

Me too!! And yes, it did hurt like a bugger, and even though we had to stop mid-way through the dime-sized tat since my leg was shaking so bad from the pain, I got a compliment that I was the only person that the artist had had that didn't cry while getting one on the top of their foot (icon_biggrin.gif)

Plus.. isn't it like childbirth? You forget enough about the pain that you're willing to have more!

A cupcake tat, now that would be perfect for me second one.. maybe on the other foot!

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 5:44am
post #36 of 63

So I finally got my cupcake tattoo last night!!!!!!! Was kind of upset he left out purple even though I TOLD him purple was my fav color. But here it is....Im so happy I got this icon_biggrin.gif

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 5:56am
post #37 of 63

it looks gorgeous ! must have hurt i bet icon_smile.gif

if it helps, the cup cake "bottom" *appears* purplish in the pic icon_smile.gif

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 6:06am
post #38 of 63

Oh yes it hurt especially the part over the spine and I wish the bottom looked purple icon_sad.gif its a blue color. I didnt want to compain because this tattoo shop agreed to do mine and my two other friends tattoos after they were already gunna close for the night. I guess i can always add some purple later

Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 3:05pm
post #39 of 63

Oh I love it!!! The stars are a great touch!!!!

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 3:50pm
post #40 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi1207

Oh I love it!!! The stars are a great touch!!!!

thanks!

Wjk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wjk Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 1:09am
post #41 of 63

I got mine this weekend! This picture shows it really fresh. It was taken just a few minutes after it was done, so its still bleeding. I got it on my right side, lower back, upper butt area icon_smile.gif

Its being streched a little in this pic...its not as tall as it looks and its about the size of a 50 cent piece.

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 5:32am
post #42 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wjk

I got mine this weekend! This picture shows it really fresh. It was taken just a few minutes after it was done, so its still bleeding. I got it on my right side, lower back, upper butt area icon_smile.gif

Its being streched a little in this pic...its not as tall as it looks and its about the size of a 50 cent piece.

thanks for being my tatt buddy!!!!

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:29pm
post #43 of 63

Hi girls! This is mine....I got it about 6 months ago. Of course I am covered in tattoos but with me baking...this one only seemed appropriate!

liapsim Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:36pm
post #44 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by liapsim

Hi girls! This is mine....I got it about 6 months ago. Of course I am covered in tattoos but with me baking...this one only seemed appropriate!

sorry, wouldn't post the picture...

here's the direct link

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a34/liapsim/Skullcupcaketat.jpg

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:54am
post #45 of 63
Quote:

Quote:

sorry, wouldn't post the picture...

here's the direct link

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a34/liapsim/Skullcupcaketat.jpg

love it! im a big chicken so i didnt get mine on my foot where i originally wanted it. i want another one bad!! i dont know what it is about them but they are addicting. i almost wanted to get another while i was waiting for my friends to get theres done icon_redface.gif

my nexy one will prob be a small star or butterfly on my foot

cathyfowler662 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyfowler662 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 3:36am
post #46 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxxy_luvs_duff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wjk

thanks for being my tatt buddy!!!!

You guys are just plain crazy....I'm glad I got to watch you get your tatt's cause now I NEVER want to get one!!

But I love both of your cupcake tattoos!!

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 8:08am
post #47 of 63

hahahaha it wasnt that bad cathy didnt hurt just in a couple of spots

zoomzone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomzone Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 12:56am
post #48 of 63

Ladies the tatts are awesome! So sweet! I'm still jealous! Love the cupcakes!

hunzz71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hunzz71 Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 1:45am
post #49 of 63

I want to get two cupcakes with angel wings and an A on top of each cupcake for each of my daughters. Not sure where I would get it yet, still thinking of that. icon_smile.gif

Suebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suebee Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 1:52am
post #50 of 63

Cute tattoo, I've always wanted one, afraid to get one (hate needles) and now to old for one (I don't feel old though)

liapsim Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 1:56am
post #51 of 63

Thanks Roxxy!!! I actually have 8 tattoos, which one is a back piece that is from my waist up. When my hubby and I travel, we seek out high ranking tattoo artists across the states. Our tattoo guy in Ga is #2 in the state and recognized nationally so he's trying to set us up with an appt with Kat Von D at LA Ink in California (for our trip in May). IF I can get an appt with her it's a pin up girl with a cake in her hand on the rib cage!!!! I'm so stoked!!!

sandykay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandykay Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 2:00am
post #52 of 63

Okay, I'm no spring chicken and hate needles, I also always swore I'd NEVER get a tattoo, BUT! Then one day I change my mind...that lead to a month of searching for what I was going to get, now I'm mad seeing all your cute cupcakes, that thought NEVER crossed my mind. I'M JEALOUS!! =(

something_sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
something_sweet Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 2:08am
post #53 of 63

oh, now I'm jealous and want a cake tattoo! I have other non-cake tattoos, but I told DH that I was done after this past one... oh man... well once it's there he can't do anything about it right? lol, we shall see!

Cute tats girls!!!

valluvscrafts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valluvscrafts Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 2:26am
post #54 of 63

Hey Girls I loved reading looking at your tatt'sI have 4 myself belly, boob (young lol), leg and my whole back done and looking to do my nexk or back. Hubby says NO I say YES icon_smile.gif . I saw a show a while back and it was a chef and she had a vintage pin up girl but in her hand she was hold ing a wedding cake it was AWESOME but I can't find a pic of it anywhere but it was huge her whole leg and hip. I haven't found the exact design I want so I haven't sneaked off yet to get it.. But soon looking. LOVE all your cup cake tattoos...

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 6:48am
post #55 of 63
Quote:

Thanks Roxxy!!! I actually have 8 tattoos, which one is a back piece that is from my waist up. When my hubby and I travel, we seek out high ranking tattoo artists across the states. Our tattoo guy in Ga is #2 in the state and recognized nationally so he's trying to set us up with an appt with Kat Von D at LA Ink in California (for our trip in May). IF I can get an appt with her it's a pin up girl with a cake in her hand on the rib cage!!!! I'm so stoked!!!

OUCH!!!! but i hope you can get in to see her!!!!

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 6:49am
post #56 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunzz71

I want to get two cupcakes with angel wings and an A on top of each cupcake for each of my daughters. Not sure where I would get it yet, still thinking of that. icon_smile.gif

i think getting one on the back of each shoulder would be cute!

stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 8:37pm
post #57 of 63

OMG you ladies are making me crave more ink!!! I have already had the idea for a welding pin up and a baking pin up ( my two passions) and now I want just a freakin awesome cupcake one to go with it!!! ok, who wants to buy some cupcakes? Mama needs more ink! lol

JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 8:52pm
post #58 of 63

looks like im gonna fit in just fine here!!!

I have a few (few-several?) tats of my own. Ill see if I can put a few on here.

The one most near and dear to my heart is on the outsie of my lower left leg, its a purple awareness ribbon ( for pancreatic cancer) entwined with a red/orange/yellow tulip. R.I.P. mama, I will always love you!

Ok, ok, im tearing up here icon_cry.gif

I love ink and I told my bf, if I oipen my own "cupcakery", I will get a cc tattoo.

Thanks everyone for sharing! I adore looking at what other people think is important enough to put on their bodies. I also want to write a book about tats, almost every single person I know has at least one and I think, a book with mostly pics, would be awesome. icon_rolleyes.gif

sueco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sueco Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 10:25pm
post #59 of 63

I have one tattoo and would like to get another. And since it's best to get them on a fleshy part, I could do my whole body! icon_lol.gif I would like to get one of a cupcake or a slice of cake. I would probably put it around my right hip, near my belly, because that's where a lot of my cupcakes go - in my belly!

Melody25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melody25 Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 10:44pm
post #60 of 63

I love tattoo's! I have 8 myself. And I have plans for cupcake tattoo's myself. I'm getting an "Angel" and a "Devil" cupcake on each shoulder. The good one will be a white cupcake with a light blue wrapper, with White icing and blue-ish highlights with pretty colored sprinkles. The bad one will be a Chocolate cupcake with a red paper, with red frosting with black highlights. with a skull shaped Cherry on top with a bow on its stem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%