Cake Stands

Decorating By sweettoothmom Updated 22 Jul 2008 , 11:06pm by crystalina1977

sweettoothmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 10:21pm
post #1 of 6

I am looking for a website that will offer a variety of cake stands or cake plates on a stand.

Does anyone know where I can find something like this? Also I have played with ideas to create my own but I am afraid of using certain materials.
Wood- I dont want the base scraped or cut as they cut the cake each time
Glass- Have you seen what a glass plate can do to a knife? YIKES DULLSVILLE
Plastic- For the scraping and cut marks again
Metal- Cake and metal makes my teeth ache to think of it

Help please icon_smile.gif Any input would be great.

5 replies
Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 11:29pm
post #2 of 6

Just make sure the cake is on another board, all my cakes are on a thin cardboard so the knife doesn't touch the plate/glass. I also use a small mirror that looks nice. I use the wood for my wedding cakes.

pugmama1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pugmama1 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 7:40am
post #3 of 6

Try amazon.com under cakestands. They have a huge variety at good prices. I got my beaded silver one there- my dream cakestand!

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 8:18am
post #4 of 6

yep I always put mine on a board first then on the stand. I did both my kids wedding cakes and used a heavy glass piece that I bought at Hobby Lobby. I put it up on different vases then put lights or tulle under it. The glass is really inexpensive too.

fluttercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fluttercakes Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 8:23pm
post #5 of 6

I finally broke down and went on a cake stand shopping spree last week after putting it off for months, and I got some very nice ones! I two from Amazon (Home Trends is the company), and they came extremely fast...like two days! I ordered a couple from weddingfads.com, and they came quickly and are so purdy. Then I ordered a gorgeous beveled cake stand from weddingcakestands.com, and it came within two days as well! I love my new goodies...all I need now is more storage space for them icon_lol.gif!

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 11:06pm
post #6 of 6

ebay is a good place as well

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%