Satisfaction/feedback

Business By trulyscrumptious Updated 25 Jul 2008 , 10:33pm by Chef_Stef

trulyscrumptious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trulyscrumptious Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 11

Does anybody send their bride and grooms a questionnaire about their satisfaction with choices, service, setup, the cake overall, etc and give them a chance to give any feedback they may have?
I'm thinking about doing this with my first wedding cake (just delivered 2 Sat ago) but I'm not sure if it's done or how to go about wording questions/what to ask. If you have any ideas suggest away!

Thanks!
~Truly

10 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 11:06pm
post #2 of 11

I don't. Trust me, if there was a problem, you'd hear about it. No news is good news.

If you want to give them a chance to let you know, just send them a nice thank-you email: "Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your very special day. Everyone was very helpful when I set up the cake and the reception room looked beautiful! Let me know how I can help with any future events for you."

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 11:08pm
post #3 of 11

I have a feedback form on my web site, but I don't ask for comments, its just there. I agree, no news is good news. People like to complain more then compliment.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 5:45am
post #4 of 11

yeah, no news is good news, plus you don't wanna be a pain in the booty...people are very busy, i know i'd hate to get one of those...it would be like getting homework.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 10:25am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecake

i know i'd hate to get one of those...it would be like getting homework.

I agree with this one! Most surveys are on a scale of 1 to 10 and the questions tend to be canned and generic. If someone ranks "set up" as a 7, what does that tell you? What are you going to do different next time? What was the specific problem? Does the bride know anything about set up to be able to judge it properly? I HATE "scale of 1 to 10" surveys! To me, they just dont' tell you anything and are a waste of everyone's time.

drowsyrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drowsyrn Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 3:28am
post #6 of 11

I never knew if I should follow up or not. I do not. These responses make me feel better icon_biggrin.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 3:37am
post #7 of 11

Nah, I don't follow up. A few will send thank you notes and hopefully a tiny minority will complain about something. No news is good news.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 6:23pm
post #8 of 11

I don't follow up, I agree with the no news is good news approach.

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 10:59pm
post #9 of 11

I don't follow up either. I figure if there's a problem they will let me know.

I agree 'no news is good news'.

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 10:33pm
post #10 of 11

To take the 'no news is good news' even further, here's what my DH told me when I wanted to do feedback forms (and I mean, I reallly wanted to):

DH:
"1. If you contact them for feedback, it's as if you're not sure everything was perfect--you're assuming you have areas to improve, and you're asking for them to criticize you. Be confident that everything went fine. If they want to send a note, they will."

"2. They got married; you did the cake. The wedding's over. They're probably just glad to be married and have already gone on with their lives."

I didn't listen to him, though, and I sent one feedback email once last year, and sure enough...I didn't hear back from them. BUT they did order a $140 b-day cake for their daughter later that year...icon_smile.gif And the brides who have sent notes, have sent the sweetest, highest praise--they absolutely warm my heart!

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 10:33pm
post #11 of 11

Double post*

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%