Stacking Whipped Cream Cakes?

Decorating By panchanewjersey Updated 23 Jul 2008 , 2:49pm by Monkess

panchanewjersey Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 9:22pm
post #1 of 8

Has anyone ever done round 2 tier cakes w/whip cream topping and had any sucess. My customer doesn't want fondant or buttercream, but would like a small tier cake. Please help with some advice on how to PLEASE!
Thanks.

7 replies
Lorendabug Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 9:45pm
post #2 of 8

I did one a while back with pastry pride in my photos. It was 9" and 6" vanilla cake with strawberry filling. It was my first stacked cake, too. Just make sure you have support (dowels) for the top cake just like you would any other stacked cake. I think I put in three dowels for the top.

DeniseFL Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 9:55pm
post #3 of 8

Grrrreat question..I wil be making my first tiered cake too and the customer wants whipped topping...
anyone else has any experiencies ?? icon_lol.gif

pjaycakes Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 3:50pm
post #4 of 8

It should be no different than stacking a fondant or buttercream cake. Like the other poster said the support system is what holds up the cake, so the top tier isn't really resting on the lower cake. Hope this helps.

MosMom Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 12:31am
post #5 of 8

Support support support. I attached a pic of a stacked buttercream cake I did this weekend. You can see the tiers aren't even close to sinking into the next tier. Even the topper is supported so you can't see sinkage and the topper just grazes the top tier. The bottom tier was a VERY soft chocolate cake and it is hard to see in the picture but the middle tier was a good 8-9" tall WASC cake so it was heavy but none of the weight rested on that soft bottom tier at all.
LL

panchanewjersey Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 7:09am
post #6 of 8

Thank you all for your support!

gottabakenow Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 2:04pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by panchanewjersey

Thank you all for your support!

no pun intended! icon_lol.gif

Monkess Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 2:49pm
post #8 of 8

I have successfully tiered 4 levels in whipped cream, used dowels similar to a reg. cake. Just make sure it stays chilled. I use Richs whipped topping-would not try with regular whipped cream. Below is a picture of a fruit and cream cake. Good luck.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%