Wilton

Decorating By kay7 Updated 4 Aug 2008 , 4:18pm by kay7

kay7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kay7 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 10

I've just started to notice all these people talking about Wilton classes, and their cakes are coming out beautifully! I was wondering what would be an aprox. price to pay for one of these classes?

9 replies
kinicto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kinicto Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 12:54am
post #2 of 10

I am a Wilton Instructor and my classes are $35 each. From now until the end of the year, my store is running a half off promotion. Of course, you have to buy your student kit and supplies but the book is included.

sweet_2th_fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_2th_fairy Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 2:35pm
post #3 of 10

I am currently taking Wilton's Course #1 at Michael's. They had 50% off the month of July and there was another $10 off coupon so I paid $7.50 for my classes. That's 4 2 hour classes! Great deal! I thought I heard/read that the August classes are 40% off, but I'm not sure. My Wilton instructor is also giving a $5 off coupon for the next course if we choose to enroll.

missmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmeg Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 4:51pm
post #4 of 10

I'm starting Wilton's Course II tomorrow night at AC Moore. They were having a 50% off on the course, so I paid $20. That comes to just $5 a class. And I only needed to purchase $10 worth of course stuff I did not already own. I can't wait till tomorrow night!

kay7 Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 5:37pm
post #5 of 10

OMG I have to get to Michaels before July ends! I was scared it would be terrible expensive. Thank you so much, I'll call Michael's right now icon_smile.gif

kay7 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 5:36am
post #6 of 10

I have signed up for my first set of Wilton classes! icon_biggrin.gif So excited!!! First one is this Wednesday, you have no idea how much I can't wait!

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 5:41am
post #7 of 10

I start my second class this tuesday and I only paid 17 dollars, I think it's like half off or 40% off, or something. They are really helpful in learning techniques and tricks from your instructor. My instructor is awesome so if you do sign up hopefully you'll have someone as helpful as her.. Good luck!! icon_biggrin.gif

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 5:53am
post #8 of 10

FYI: Be sure to signup at HobbyLobby.com and Michaels.com for their newsletters which frequently include coupons. You can print as many as you want. I pass them out to my students each week to ease the pain of spending so much on this wonderful hobby!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 6:12am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinicto

I am a Wilton Instructor and my classes are $35 each. From now until the end of the year, my store is running a half off promotion. Of course, you have to buy your student kit and supplies but the book is included.

Until the end of the year? or the end of the month of July?

kay7 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 4:18pm
post #10 of 10

Thank you so much! I will definitely sign up. For being in high school with a part time job and a cell phone bill and car insurance, any discounts are greatly appreciated!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%