What Equipment To Use For Bakery

Business By jen2184 Updated 23 Jul 2008 , 9:31pm by CoutureCake

jen2184 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 6:36pm
post #1 of 6

i am looking to open my own cake shop but i wanted some pointers as to equipment for those of you who have your own shop what is the necessary equipment you need to open up shop, just the basic stuff if anyone can give me some information i would truly appreciate it..

thanks icon_smile.gif

5 replies
indydebi Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 6:47pm
post #2 of 6

Other than the obvious (oven, 3-section sink, 'frig, freezer, big mixer, etc), a bun rack (holds about 20 of the 18x26 baking sheets .... vertical storage is great!), more wire/stainless steel shelving than you THINK you need (I started with 3 ... I now have 6 ... and I want more!), twice the counter space than you think "will do for now".

Are you going to do retail out front? Think about a dry display case AND a refrigerated display case.

CindiM Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 7:04pm
post #3 of 6

jen2184, go to the Florida Dept of Agriculture website and all of the information and requirements are listed right there. You must be licensed in Florida. thumbs_up.gif Good luck, Cindi M

littlecake Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 10:02pm
post #4 of 6

yeah you need a lot of stainless steel tables too, i have about 5...and a greasetrap to catch the icing.....

an airbrush and compressor if you're going to do much decorating.

Jovy Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 6:40pm
post #5 of 6

which kind of oven should I buy? there are so many that I dont know which one to buy

CoutureCake Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 9:31pm
post #6 of 6

The branding part is what has me stumbling right now when it comes to building our new space... I've got the Hobart 20, doesn't make a hill of beans difference on the ANSIL system and hood to go with that, same goes for countertops and sinks... What I haven't a clue on is the brand and type of oven to get... I want something that is efficient yet is convection and preferably electric instead of gas because it's a lot easier to disconnect an outlet than it is a gas line..

The hardest part is knowing what your state's regulations are for things. It's a PITA, but what do ya do...

Quote by @%username% on %date%