Please Help! Lemon Cake???

Decorating By Moofiebonbon Updated 22 Jul 2008 , 3:14am by lillicakes

Moofiebonbon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moofiebonbon Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 4:29pm
post #1 of 4

I am hoping that someone can help me. I normally make my cakes from a box with the extender recipe. I just had a call to make a lemon cake and I do not have any boxes of lemon cake. I live about 14 miles (1 way) from any store and so I am hoping that someone can tell me how to maybe use a white or yellow mix and convert it to a lemon cake. Maybe add lemon juice, but how much? I do not have lemon extract, but I do have lemon juice.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thank you

3 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 4:56pm
post #2 of 4

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-595745.html

You may want to look at that thread. I asked about this the other night. It may give you a few ideas.

kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 5:46pm
post #3 of 4

There is a lemon pound cake recipe on here that only uses 2 tsp of lemon juice to flavor.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2022-4-Easy-Lemon-Pound-Cake.html

lillicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lillicakes Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 3:14am
post #4 of 4

I made a very good lemon cake for a wedding last year using a white cake mix:

1 White Cake Mix (I think I used Pillsbury, but not sure...and not sure it matters)
1 Lemon Jello
1 Lemon (Instant) Pudding
1 cup Hot Water
3/4 cup Vegetable Oil
4 eggs
1 T Lemon Flavoring

Disolve Jello in the hot water and let cool (to room temp or close). Mix everything else and then add the cooled jello. Bake in greased and floured or otherwise prepped pan at 350 for 45 mins or until done.

I torted it and filled it with raspberry preserves and lemon curd. VERY lemony, very fresh-tasting, and the bride's favorite of the four flavors they had.

I don't know how well subbing lemon juice would work...might have to add a little more sweetness to it. But good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%