Need Info On Assembling Dummy Cakes For Fair

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 21 Jul 2008 , 3:38pm by Solecito

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 3:21pm
post #1 of 2

Ok i rec my dummie cakes square and round, now heres where i need help do i assemble them like a real cake? boards and all (just on the bottom one) and how should i attach this to the foam?? Also i want to stand the round one on a couple of toasting glasses, how should i attache these I am going to use RI for it all will the RI hold the glasses in place? Dont want no mishaps at the fair, any infor will help me a lot, since this is the first dummie cakes im doing and im going to do the basket weave , do i start out diff on the square cake or does it matter where i start the basket weave Whats a good RI receipe for dummie cakes??

1 reply
Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 3:38pm
post #2 of 2

I only put boards on the ones separated form the other tiers, for example on the one that will be on top of the glasses, and a board on the bottom tier. WhenI stacke them tier on top of a tier I don't use boards in between.
The Ri should hold it, but you do have to assemble on site, especially using the glasses. Don't know about the basket wave I guess it doesn't matter where you star. The recipe I use for Ri is from wiltons.
HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%