How Would You Do This?

Decorating By cakelady11215 Updated 21 Jul 2008 , 12:58pm by veronica970206

cakelady11215 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady11215 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 12:44pm
post #1 of 3

I was asked to make a cake that looks like this quilt...how would you do this? Would you cover w/fondant, make marbled pink/red fondant then cut triangles out of that? What about the middle section (think they're cherries). Print pic, outline w/pinholes and cut out with a razor? I really don't have that much time to plan this so I need any help you can offer.

THANKS SO MUCH!
LL

2 replies
MicheleF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MicheleF Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 12:56pm
post #2 of 3

How about making an edible image out of the quilt pic and creating beautiful borders around the cake? Or would that look to cheesy?
If the edible image won't stick to wax paper, maybe try doing a FBCT by laying down the image on wax paper. Then build it up with say white icing to give it thickness and freeze. I haven't tried this before. Just a thought.

GOOD LUCK!!

Michele

veronica970206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica970206 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 12:58pm
post #3 of 3

I would make and cut everything out of fondant, pretty much like a quilt, pieces are cut then sewn together, then run your wheel with the threading roll look over the areas to give it that quilt look. If you do not have that then take an exacto knife or small pearing knife and make little slits, it looks pretty simple. Best of luck!!!

Sincerely,
Veronica

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%