Cheap Fondant Tools???

Decorating By maimai16 Updated 21 Jul 2008 , 3:01pm by maimai16

maimai16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maimai16 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 4:45am
post #1 of 11

hi CC... i'm just new to cake decorating and still my tools are not yet complete. i'm just wondering has anybody tried using your childs play-doh tools? i'm quite amazed to see that their tools are some what similar to fondant tools/accesories(like the clay gun, play-doh have a similar tool)... i've read that it is safe but i'm just checking if somebody tried it before...

here's the link about play-doh:
http://www.hasbro.com/playdoh/default.cfm?page=faq

10 replies
PJ37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PJ37 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 4:52am
post #2 of 11

Yes, they are safe and effective. I've not used them much, but others here have recommended them. Thanks for the playdoh site...some good suggestions for modeling!

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 4:54am
post #3 of 11

it would be safe as long as they have not been used on play doh before, so you would have to buy a brand new set. another option that might last longer than the play doh stuff is the stuff that is used to make skulpty or filmo dough...

it is usually in the clay section of michaels or hobby lobby.. but the same ideals go.. make sure that they hav enot been used on clay befroe

maimai16 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 4:55am
post #4 of 11

hmm... this would be another bonding moment with my daughter... lol

what a relief... thanks pj37 icon_biggrin.gif

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 4:57am
post #5 of 11

Michael's and some craft stores have plastic fondant tools where you can use the 40 and 50% off coupons to buy. Happy hunting.

maimai16 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 4:58am
post #6 of 11

@pinklesley1
so i have to ask my husband to buy play-doh tools for me and my daughter...lol thanks for the info pinklesley1...

pinklesley1 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 5:00am
post #7 of 11

yes, tell hubby that he needs to buy his two favorite girls tools to play with....

pinklesley1 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 5:01am
post #8 of 11

yes, tell hubby that he needs to buy his two favorite girls tools to play with....

maimai16 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 5:06am
post #9 of 11

@debster
fondant tools are way too expensive here at the philippines... and craft stores seldom offer discounts... maybe they are taking advantage for there are only few craft stores in our location icon_sad.gif

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 12:10pm
post #10 of 11

MAIMAI 16.................Oh sorry, I didn't see where you are from. I hardly ever look at that, will teach me to look now. I wonder what it would cost to ship some? They are like 20.00 to buy discounted. Maybe 15.00 plus the shipping. Good luck!!

maimai16 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 3:01pm
post #11 of 11

its ok debster... i'll be checking them on-line. they might have something i need icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%