Making A Semi Truck Cake

Decorating By nicoletyler7 Updated 22 Jul 2008 , 12:48am by CuteCakeName

nicoletyler7 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 4:43am
post #1 of 7

I am makng a cake out of wiltons long loaf pan. I am going to make it into a semi truck. I want to make the grill on the front of the truck and the smoke stacks that come up on each side of the truck look like chrome. I am planning on using those long stick cookies for the smoke stacks but my question is I am not sure how to make silver icing or what to use to cover the cookies to make them look silver. (like chrome). I have silver Pearl dust can I do something with that maybe? HELP!!! Thank you. icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
cupsncakes Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 12:22pm
post #2 of 7

Bump!
I have no idea, but I'm sure someone out there does icon_smile.gif
Cool cake idea too.

CuteCakeName Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 12:49pm
post #3 of 7

I recently made a fire truck cake with a friend (sorry, I haven't uploaded pics yet), and it had silver accents. I would cover the cookies in fondant and then paint them with a mixture of your silver Luster Dust and either a clear extract (like lemon) or alcohol (like vodka). For the grill, you can just cut out the appropriate size square and score lines in it, then paint it with the Luster Dust. Hope that helps!

Heather

cupsncakes Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 12:52pm
post #4 of 7

See! I love this place icon_biggrin.gif

nicoletyler7 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 2:20pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you so much I appreciate the replies. That helped alot. Do you guys know what the difference in luster dust and pearl dust is? I bought pearl dust for another cake but didn't end up using it. I have not worked with either one yet. Thanks again. I love this site too. Everybody is so helpful. thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

nicoletyler7 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 10:06pm
post #6 of 7

How many people do you think this 16x4 long loaf pan will feed. Any ideas??? Thanks guys. icon_biggrin.gif

CuteCakeName Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 12:48am
post #7 of 7

Well, a two-layer 4" cake would yield 8 1" X 2" X 4" slices, so a 16" X 4" cake would yield 32 slices.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%