Shipping Hi Ratio Shortening In Summer Question?

Decorating By kbgieger Updated 30 Jul 2008 , 11:48am by disneynutbsv

kbgieger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbgieger Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 1:51am
post #1 of 9

Has anybody had any success with shipping hi ratio shortening in the summer? I've been doing more cakes (mainly of the practice variety) and realized I've gone through my stockpile!

I need to order more, but I'm afraid it will get to me in a big puddle of goo, considering I'm in the extreme Deep South.

Any ideas?

Karen

8 replies
shannonann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonann Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 8:06am
post #2 of 9

I ordered some from Into the Oven. It came super fast and was in perfect condition. I live in Texas.

karensue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensue Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 1:59pm
post #3 of 9

Me, too. I just got some Alpine from IntotheOven and it arrived fine.

briannastreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briannastreats Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 2:12pm
post #4 of 9

I'm not that far south, but I ordered some fro Country Kitchen about 2 weeks ago. It came just fine!

spunkybear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spunkybear Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 2:13pm
post #5 of 9

Thanks for the OP!! I too was wondering this very thing and was so afraid to receive a soggy box! icon_cry.gif

Tweedie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tweedie Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 2:18pm
post #6 of 9

I live in Charleston, SC, and ordered some from The Baker's Kitchen and amazingly it arrived last week in 95+ degree heat in perfect condition. I was shocked but very happy!!!

kbgieger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbgieger Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 11:45pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks guys! I guess I'll bite the bullet and order some more - otherwise there will be no more cakes!

Karen

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 11:54pm
post #8 of 9

Karen, thanks for posting as I was wondering the same thing.
Off track-I see you live in Mobile. My mother grew up in Mt. Vernon (up SR 40 about 30 minutes) and spent her school years in Mobile. Was there last year for a family reunion. It is one of the most friendliest places I visit, even though I don't get there too often anymore.

disneynutbsv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneynutbsv Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 11:48am
post #9 of 9

I just got my first ever order of hi ration shortening! I get to use it this weekend and I'm so excited!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%