I Have The Design, Please Help Me Pick Colors!!

Decorating By pottedmeatchunks Updated 21 Jul 2008 , 5:08am by debster

pottedmeatchunks Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 1:02am
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone!

So I drew up a design for a very ornate wedding cake for a lady and I'm not sure what to do with the colors. The cake will be fondant because I can't imagine doing that kind of piping over buttercream. Her wedding colors are ivory and gold, with a very small amount of soft pink accent. The dots in my design are going to be edible pearls, but I dont know what color...and the topper is one of those silver monogram Ws (I think its sort of weird to have a giant W on top of the cake and then 3 more underneath but I just do as I'm told hehe).

Originally when the wedding colors were a rich taupe and white I was going to do taupe fondant with white piping and pink dragees, but i'm just not sure if that will translate the same with ivory and gold.

Thanks in advance for all help!!! icon_biggrin.gif
LL

3 replies
cakemom24 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 3:25am
post #2 of 4

What about doing the cake in ivory with gold piping and still do the pink dragees?? I would have said pink piping put you said they were only using a little pink.

Shola Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 5:00am
post #3 of 4

Oooh lovely design! I think the ivory base colour with gold piping but the circle and the moniker in the soft pink. I think the dragees should be the off white pearlised kind, pink dragees might 'cheapen' the look? icon_confused.gif
Just my 2 pence icon_smile.gif
HTH's

debster Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 5:08am
post #4 of 4

Or you could do Ivory base with pink piping and gold dragees. Don't you love all the possibilities? All sound lovely.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%