Garden And Tool Themed Dual Wedding Shower

Decorating By mamaquinney Updated 25 Jul 2008 , 2:37am by mamaquinney

mamaquinney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamaquinney Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 7:33pm
post #1 of 5

we're having a dual wedding shower next weekend. the theme is garden/tools. the couple is registered at lowe's, bed bath and beyond and sears. how can i incorporate tools and a garden to make a pretty cake? i need to feed about 75 people and i want it to be 3 tiers. i'm totatlly blocked! Please help!

4 replies
taxnerd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taxnerd Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 1:47am
post #2 of 5

I can't help much with the tools theme, but I once made a garden cake. It was actually a sheet cake, but some of the ideas may be transferrable to a tiered cake. It had a granulated brown sugar pathway with a small pond made from blue piping gel. Alot of gray rocks and green grass around the edges and base of the cake. I also used drop flowers around edges to look like wild flowers. I made small green buttercream roses to look like cabbages. It also had rows of carrots made from piping orange dots with smaller green dots on top for greens and rows of turnips made from piping white dots with smaller green dots on top. This cake was actually in one of the Wilton year books (probably 80's), but I don't remember which year. Hope this helps.

allee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allee Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 7:44pm
post #3 of 5

You could do the "garden" on the top tier, and make fondant or molded chocolate tools to put on the bottom 2 layers. Or maybe (depending on the size of your layers) you could do the "garden" around the 2nd tier and put the tools and/or seed packets etc. on the top. Maybe a fence around the bottom? Mine was only a sheet cake, but you could use the general idea for a tiered cake. HTH
LL

tmt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmt Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 7:55pm
post #4 of 5

how about using the book pan and making the pages like a catalog.. one side garden, the other tools?

(edited. sorry, this won't work for you. i just read that you're making a 3 tier)

mamaquinney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamaquinney Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:37am
post #5 of 5

i called the mother and she said they were registered for things like a grill and tools and water hoses and that the party was mostly for her son since they had a wedding shower already and got everything for inside and nothing for the outside! I'm making a grill, a cake wrapped with fondant logs to look like a water hose and a small scale tool box. there will be a watering can with flowers to make it pretty. i'll post a picture. thanks for your help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%