Sps Or Center Column Stand...

Decorating By Tashablueyes Updated 20 Jul 2008 , 9:54pm by sirena

Tashablueyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tashablueyes Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 6:12pm
post #1 of 5

I am trying to decide what to do for a cake assembly stand. I like the idea of the snap in idiot proof Wilton push in pillars with the plates, but the look is not so great. Sps sounds good, but my husband won't let me order online, is there somewhere to get it in a retail store? Also, does anyone use the Wilton center column stand? It looks like a good compromise, but it just doesnt seem like it would be that stable. Any thoughts? I'm just starting out so I don't want to invest too much into a system I won't use much or I'll hate, but I definitely don't trust myself to do dowels or straws.
Thanks in advance for your input!

4 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 9:17pm
post #2 of 5

why not get some wilton hidden pillars and some of the wilton plates, they are available at just about any store that sells wilton products, just realize there are two different products that beginners often confuse and that is the plastic dowels (they are long and will not fit the feet on the plate) and the hidden pillars (about 6inches long and fit the feet on the plates) The hidden pillars can be left at the 6in length if you want a small separation between your tiers, if you want a stacked look just cut them to the height of your cake tiers and just use like any pushed in pillar method.

britras Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
britras Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 9:22pm
post #3 of 5

What's the best way to cut the plastic pillars to help ensure they are the same height?

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 9:37pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by britras

What's the best way to cut the plastic pillars to help ensure they are the same height?

I give them to my husband to cut, he does them on the chop saw.

sirena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sirena Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 9:54pm
post #5 of 5

I buy my already cut many sizes and work wonderful with the coast plates , no problems with stack cakes or worries about cakes falling
Stacked Cake Tubes
www.cakedeco.com
thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%