Delivered Cake In A Tornado! Long!

Decorating By MnSnow Updated 20 Jul 2008 , 4:59am by kimmypooh79

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 1:44am
post #1 of 3

I ha a 4 tier wedding cake to deliver today. The couple were the nicest sweetest couple I ever met.

The weather was awful and I felt so bad for the bride to have storms on her wedding day.

As I left home to deliver the cake the sirens were sounding, it was raining so hard I could hardly see the road. Wipers going as fast as they could. I held my breathe and kept driving.

Delivered the cake in the pouring rain and set it up in the tent the couple had reserved at the venue. Hurrying because the weather was horrible. As I'm finishing I hear the Chef say the ceremony was over and everyone was on their way, so I packed up quick and left.

On my way home, I recieved a call that there had been a tornado by my house. Little did I know that as I was driving down the road, the tornado was within half a mile from me!! OMG!

My ex SIL's house was hit and he had my grandkids, so I went there to make sure all was ok. So much destruction but thankfully no one was hurt.

Uploaded the cake pics and discoverd I had forgotten to put the ribbon on all the layers icon_cry.gif

I hope the bride and groom are not upset. All in all I think it turned out pretty good. Photo is in my gallery. L & S picture.

Maybe I was a mailperson in my previous life icon_lol.gif

2 replies
loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 1:54am
post #2 of 3

OMG!!! You are amazing! I am glad you hear you are ok, and that everyone is safe!

kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 4:59am
post #3 of 3

WOW....the only other thing I can say is they are lucky they got a cake at all so who cares about the ribbon?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%