Supportive Hubby Has Come With A New Plan

Decorating By tracycakes Updated 20 Jul 2008 , 1:04am by poshcakedesigns

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 9:04pm
post #1 of 5

For the last year, I've been trying to practice, learn new skills and techniques, and just become a better decorator with the plan that possibly in a year or two, I might open a bakery.

Last night, as we are watching a challenge that we taped, he tells me about a "plan" he's come up with. On Monday or Tuesday, he is going to give me a "challenge" cake and on Friday I make it. I work 4-10 hour days and I'm off every Friday. It might be to make a couch or a tractor or something else. I told him it could be a theme too, like tropical or Mother's Day or something.

I think it's a good idea and will challenge me. I don't really make a lot of cakes right now so it will be good experience without the stress.

He's told me before not to feel bad about the money I spend on cake supplies, so this helps me realize that he is serious.

4 replies
lbass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lbass Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 10:17pm
post #2 of 5

Your hubby needs to talk to my hubby!!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 11:35pm
post #3 of 5

My boyfriend had the same idea!! I think he is just trying to use it as an excuse to eat more cake.

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 12:59am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyboots

My boyfriend had the same idea!! I think he is just trying to use it as an excuse to eat more cake.

I might think the same thing but hubby only likes plain, white, non-iced cake or pineapple upside down cake. icon_surprised.gif What a bummer for a decorator.

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 1:04am
post #5 of 5

My husband is always showing me stuff and saying NOW lets see you turn that into cake. I love the challenges...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%