Hubby Agrees .... Cc'ers Stick Together!!

Decorating By indydebi Updated 20 Jul 2008 , 1:54am by jo_ann

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 8:21pm
post #1 of 10

I'm sharing the stories with hubby of 'stolen' photos appearing on other websites, the craigslist thread where other photos were used. He says, "Boy, you could probably get by with stealing gov't secrets a whole lot easier than you can get by with using another cake maker's photo, with all of you cake people on the lookout!"

I said, "You got THAT right!" thumbs_up.gif

You can tug on Superman's cape ... you can spit into the wind ... you can pull the mask off that ole Lone Ranger, but you don't steal the pic from my friend!

9 replies
aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 8:35pm
post #2 of 10

AMEN!

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 8:40pm
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

You can tug on Superman's cape ... you can spit into the wind ... you can pull the mask off that ole Lone Ranger, but you don't steal the pic from my friend!

Joybeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joybeth Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 8:42pm
post #4 of 10

I love your rhyme!!!! Go IndyDebi!

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 10:08pm
post #5 of 10

Yes, I saw someone else refer to it as the "torch and pitchfork club" or something similar, which I found extremely fitting.

Just this morning I wasted an hour of my life reading the latest locked thread in which it was reported that someone used stolen cake photos on their website...and as always, the thread just got frickin ridiculous.

I'm so damn sick and tired of threads with page-long rants and raves and soapboxes and Laura Schlessinger-type lectures, and the lynching and mob mentality and threads that degenerate into "legal vs. illegal home bakers" and "scratch bakers vs. box mix bakers" and the like.

Same s**t, different day. Same people, same lectures, same high-fives from the pro-lecture crowd, same eye-rolls from those of us sick of it.

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 12:56am
post #6 of 10

Cakepro,

I love your work and I respect you immensely. But......... if a thread annoys or offends you should you not just close it and move on? If more people did that then maybe the "hot topic" threads would die out faster since the fires wouldn't be fanned. JMHO. Sorry.

Jo-Ann

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 1:13am
post #7 of 10

Cakepro, I agree with you. It is getting really old.

PattyLen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyLen Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 1:27am
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo_ann

Cakepro,

I love your work and I respect you immensely. But......... if a thread annoys or offends you should you not just close it and move on? If more people did that then maybe the "hot topic" threads would die out faster since the fires wouldn't be fanned. JMHO. Sorry.

Jo-Ann

Amen, Jo-Ann. And, in just in case this thread takes a turn... I'm taking my spatula and goin' home.

icon_razz.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 1:29am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo_ann

Cakepro,

Jo-Ann

Thank you - that was a very sweet thing to say. icon_smile.gificon_redface.gif

You're so right about moving on to the next thread...which is what I do all the time rather than get right in the middle of it (although I did used to get in there and bicker too)...but there just seems to be so many of the same threads and same lectures and same rants, over and over ad nauseam. It just is so predictable and seems to be increasing. icon_sad.gif

I really do have my panties out a bunch, I promise. thumbs_up.gif

jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 1:54am
post #10 of 10

[quote="PattyLen"]

Amen, Jo-Ann. And, in just in case this thread takes a turn... I'm taking my spatula and goin' home.

icon_razz.gif[/quote
Quote by CakePro
You're so right about moving on to the next thread...which is what I do all the time rather than get right in the middle of it (although I did used to get in there and bicker too)...but there just seems to be so many of the same threads and same lectures and same rants, over and over ad nauseam. It just is so predictable and seems to be increasing. Sad

I really do have my panties out a bunch, I promise. Thumbs Up!]

Sorry PattyLen but you can't take your spatula and go home. We'll just have to go to another corner and play nice and CakePro you gotta join us.
icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%