How Do I Make This Cake?

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 23 Jul 2008 , 10:31am by loriemoms

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 7:17pm
post #1 of 7

Ok, I have to make this cake..the customer found it on a web site and it says it was made with cake and rice krispy treats. can anyone help me with the constuction ideas? Is the bottom rice krispies? (the side pieces) I was thinking of a ball cake for the top..but how do I do the nose and such?
LL
LL
LL

6 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 7

because it looks like its raised up, i would do the bottom with rice crispies, but the look of it i think it would be possible to do the whole cake with cake.

It is a neat cake.

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 8:43pm
post #3 of 7

Sorry I can't offer you any advice but I suggest you ask Doug. He will definitely know how the cake was made.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 8:59pm
post #4 of 7

Someone on CC just did that same cake (or a similar version of it) about a week or so ago. I remember seeing it on the bottom row of pix on the home page. You might search the galleries and PM that person. Sorry I cannot remember who it was though.

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 1:14am
post #5 of 7

I would guess that the bottom part is rice krispies and the top is cake as you had said. to do the nose and other raised pieces, like the eyes, build those areas up by putting pieces of fonant in the shape that you're looking for onto the cake BEFORE you put your base of white fondant on the cake.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 1:56am
post #6 of 7

shhh.....supposed to be doing my homework at the 2-week workshop I'm at....but...well....CC IS addicting.

sorry no access to publisher to
base -- 9x13 sheet
front part of helmet that rises up to main section -- half a wonder mold.

main helmet area -- rounds topped by sports ball or soccer ball

then carve the heck out of it.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 10:31am
post #7 of 7

actually I really lucked out and wrote to the gal who posted it on flickr..and she sent me full instructions!!! I am forever grateful to this wonderfully talented lady!

(the bottom and nose is rice krispies) THis cake isnt due till Sept 6th, so will post a photo when I am done!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%