Fondant Balls

Decorating By Leahrose Updated 20 Jul 2008 , 12:42pm by tony_sopranos_ebony_girl

Leahrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leahrose Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 6:46pm
post #1 of 3

please help there has to be a easier way to make the beautiful balls to go around a fondant cake. it took my and my friend 2 hours to roll 3 layers of balls. Is there a tool or a way to make them all the same size.

2 replies
jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 1:17am
post #2 of 3

Roll the fondant through a pasta machine so it's all the same thickness. Then cut it out (with whatever will give you the size you want) and roll them into balls. They will all be the same size. It still takes some time, but it does speeds the process up a bit. thumbs_up.gif HTH

tony_sopranos_ebony_girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tony_sopranos_ebony_girl Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 12:42pm
post #3 of 3

What I like to do is after rolling out the fondant, I use a round cookie cutter usually the medium sized one. I just roll a ball out of the cutout and end up with uniform balls, very quick and easy. If I need them smaller I simply cut the cutout in half ... and there again I'm sure if they need to be even smaller they can be halved again. Works with any size round cookie cutter. You can see what I mean in my photos ... (giggle giggle icon_rolleyes.gif I know I know I only have 2) >>>> HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%