How Far Have You Come!

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 31 Mar 2010 , 1:40am by bobwonderbuns

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 6:34pm
post #31 of 64

One of my earlier attempts at decorating:

And my most recent cake:

I have a long way to go, but I can't wait to see the day when the second cake I've posted becomes my "first" and I have way better looking ones to share. icon_smile.gif

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 9:20pm
post #32 of 64

wow, these are just too cool! Some of the "first" cakes are pretty good!!!! You guys got talent!

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 10:56pm
post #33 of 64

My first cake was a Michelle Bomarito cake I copied out of Martha Stewart Magazine for my daughter's first birthday-the garden one. Did this YEARS before I decided I wanted to be a cake decorator

The flower cake is the first cake I made after finding CC last summer.

The blue cake was done this past weekend.
LL
LL
LL

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 11:17pm
post #34 of 64

my first cake and a recent cake...thanks to cc!
i hope these attachments work ive never done this before...
LL
LL

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 3:11am
post #35 of 64

I want to add mine - but I have to scan it in! Will see if I can get to it this week - love to see this stuff!

jamhays Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamhays Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 3:39am
post #36 of 64

Wedding cake is one for my brother's wedding last November. I delivered the cake from central Texas to St. Louis, MO.

Chocolate one was for husb's bday...the whole side caved in & I did a horrible job at "fixing" it.
LL
LL

missmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmeg Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 4:39pm
post #37 of 64

I'm finally taking Course 2 beginning tonight. I took Course 1 five years ago. The butterfly cake was my daughter's 1st birthday cake, the whole reason I took Course 1 in the first place icon_wink.gif. I really wanted to WOW! the guests at that party.

The tiered cake was our church's 2008 graduation cake for our high school students. I'm very proud of this cake icon_smile.gif.
LL
LL

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 10:49pm
post #38 of 64

I'm nowhere near as talented as most people here, but I'm okay with that! You guys are amazing!!

My first cake is the birthday in blue and purple on a disposable pie plate creation, done nearly a year ago. My then 7 year old stepdaughter was in charge of applying the purple icing. Neither of us had ever touched a piping bag before, as you might be able to tell. icon_biggrin.gif

One of my most recent cakes is also my most favorite cake. My baby sister asked me to make her wedding cake and the tiered cake below is the finished product on 7/11/08. I was happy with how it turned out and she was so happy with it she cried. The textured finish complemented her dress and I complied with the lone request she had: no frills, no froo-froo, keep it simple. This was also my first tiered cake!
LL
LL

Kavingate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kavingate Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 1:39am
post #39 of 64

Here's one my recent faves:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kavingate/2484787318

Here's the second cake I ever did, and I WISH I could find photos of the first. It was a tank, and it was hilarious!!!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kavingate/455199159

Great thread!!!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 3:51am
post #40 of 64

Here's mine. The first one was a year ago and the second one was about 6 months ago. Not my first cake and not my most recent, but I thought you'd get a good laugh at my expense. Both are supposed to be camo cakes. It's pretty sad that I felt the need to explain that!
LL

lara3teach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lara3teach Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 3:48pm
post #41 of 64

What a fun thread! The communion cake is not actually my first cake, but it's the first one I ever posted to CC. The princess cake is my most recent. I still have a long way to go, but at least I'm making progress! icon_biggrin.gif
LL
LL

PennySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennySue Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 4:19pm
post #42 of 64

Gee, I hadn't looked back at my pics in a while. This is fun to see just how far we have all come. These are the two I picked. The first one was just practicing with the leaf and star tips and that nifty edging. The second one was for a baby shower. It was the first time I tried modeling with gumpaste. It was lots of fun.
LL
LL

susieq76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susieq76 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 4:21pm
post #43 of 64

Okay- here's mine-

1st

and recent

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 4:43pm
post #45 of 64

What a great topic!!!
I'm still not good enough for weddings, but here are mine...
(don't laugh icon_lol.gif )
LL
LL

jessigurl182 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessigurl182 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 4:58pm
post #46 of 64

Thank you all for posting this... It gives me hope of me getting to be A LOT better!

pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:26pm
post #47 of 64

Here's my first cake other than a couple Wilton pan cakes:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=54792

Here's my most recent. This one I even carved myself. My daughter named it after her favorite teddy bear.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1197089

foxymomma521 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:38pm
post #48 of 64

Pumpkinroses- I love your bear!!!!!

DaisyLisa17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaisyLisa17 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 11:28pm
post #49 of 64

This is so sad.... this is how my bow has evolved! I cant believe Im even posting this!! icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif LOL
LL
LL

CeeTee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CeeTee Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 2:27am
post #50 of 64

What a fun thread!! Ok, my turn!

My first cake and matching cupcakes: Wilton Course 1 May 2007

My most recent cake with matching cupcakes : May 2008 ( almost a year to the day after I did the first cake! )

I can't wait to see what I do in may 2009! thumbs_up.gif

foxymomma521 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 11:33am
post #51 of 64

What a cool sun! It looks like my tatoo icon_razz.gif What's it made from? FBCT?

faithxmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
faithxmarie Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 3:13pm
post #52 of 64

Wow! What a great idea!! It's awesome to see the progress everyone's made. You can definitely tell which cakes were the firsts and which are most recent. icon_biggrin.gifD

CeeTee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CeeTee Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 5:35pm
post #53 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxymomma521

What a cool sun! It looks like my tatoo icon_razz.gif What's it made from? FBCT?

Thank you! Yes, it's a FBCT. icon_smile.gif The sun and cupcake tops are my own design (inspired/borrowed from various Mexican folk art mosaics). I did the base as FBCT and layered on the drop flowers, vines, and sun details. I had a lot of fun with it and I think it's one of the best cakes I've done to date. icon_biggrin.gif

crl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crl Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 9:47pm
post #54 of 64

Here are mine from May 2007 to current (most recent shown first). It is amazing how much the info I have learned from this site has helped in the appearance of my cakes. For example, who knew how to get rid of those points on your icing dots before you found this website? Thanks to everyone who is so willing to share and help others succeed!
LL
LL
LL

Sweet-Dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet-Dreams Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 1:59am
post #55 of 64

I'm no where up to par with some of you guys, but I'm definitely proud of how much I've improved within the last year!
LL
LL

Ruby2uesday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruby2uesday Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 2:20am
post #56 of 64

LOL love this post! ok, the first one is the one from my wiltons 1 class
then my first stacked cake and then my first 3d model frog which i just made this weekend. My wilton class was just a couple of months ago! icon_smile.gif
LL
LL
LL

Jemoiselle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jemoiselle Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 2:36pm
post #57 of 64

You ALL are fabulous! I adore the fishie cake, the teddy bear cake (it looks so fuzzy!) and so so many others. CC is awesome for learning, but it's even better for encouragement. You guys are wonderful, great thread =)

Here is my first attempt at a fondant cake...I had made quite a few cakes before in BC but I consider this my first official attempt at decorating:

And this is my last cake:

I hope that works, this is a first adding images like this =)

You all are so special to me, I know it sounds a little mushy, hehe, but it's true. Where else can one go to learn an artform, where tons of highly talented people congregate to share and help others develop the same skill? That is SO selfless. I have come this far because of YOU CC FAMILY!

<3 Jemoiselle

chefbarbie0513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefbarbie0513 Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 8:14pm
post #58 of 64

Here are my cakes. The unicorn was before I started taking classes 6/2007. The 2nd cake was my birthday cake from May 2009. HUGE improvement!!!
LL
LL

ZoesMum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZoesMum Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 11:05pm
post #59 of 64

What a great idea!! It helps to see how far we all have come. I haven't done too many, but once I started using fondant it was all uphill! The "Zoe" cake was my first, and the teal and black is my most recent that I a quite pleased with!
LL
LL

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 30 Mar 2010 , 11:09pm
post #60 of 64

Here's mine.
The first is leaning because I didn't dowel it correctly, LOL.
LL
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%