Help Needed Request For A Goth Cake??

Decorating By HannahLass Updated 20 Jul 2008 , 6:10am by JenInAZ

HannahLass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HannahLass Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 2:11pm
post #1 of 6

Hi, I'm hoping you all can help. I have been asked to make a goth cake for a 15yr olds birthday except the only things the customer asked for was black icing and maybe some red. I really am stumped and dont know what to do. Any ideas anyone? Thank you.

5 replies
cakesbyallison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyallison Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 5:18pm
post #2 of 6

Black and red for sure! Black and white stripes, silver rivets or studs, skulls... Do a "goth" search on the internet, and you'll come up w/ something! I know Ace of Cakes did one on one of their episodes, maybe you can find it on their website. Sounds like fun - you can do all kinds of stuff!

kyhendry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyhendry Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 5:29pm
post #3 of 6

You could also check out cakes around the Nightmare Before Christmas themes and borrow ideas from those cakes. I've seen some really cool one when I put "Nightmare Before Christmas Cakes" into Google and clicked on the first items "Image results for..."

Check them out.

Kathleen

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 5:33pm
post #4 of 6

I have a goth birthday cake in my photos for my 15 year old daughter. It was a coffin with roses.

minorfan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minorfan Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 1:14am
post #5 of 6

Black Fondant covered cake with white skulls around the bottom with a skull and crossbone outlined in silver dragees on the top. Red diamonds around it.

There is actually a few on CC if you do a search here. I have had one and even put a silver dragee in the mouth for a pierced tongue. I have another one I have to do with the theme Ozzy Osbourne and goth. I actually picked up some skull push molds. Will always need them for halloween later.

Black , red, silver, gold, even deep purple are all good colors for goth.

JenInAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenInAZ Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 6:10am
post #6 of 6

If you live near a major shopping mall see if they have a store called Hot Topic. Lots of good goth material for you there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%